American Football

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I just need Vancouver, Boboboy to place their bets and then we can kick this thing off. 5 points for a win, 3 points for a tie (if ties exist) and 0 points for a incorrect bet. Does that make sense?

I just need Vancouver, Boboboy to place their bets and then we can kick this thing off. 5 points for a win, 3 points for a tie (if ties exist) and 0 points for a incorrect bet. Does that make sense?

i havent placed my bets or you planning on kicking this thing off without me? how rude :hyper:

Im sorry, my apologizes. I thought you did it because you quoted someone elses bets and I just assumed it was yours :p

Updated: I just need Vancouver, Boboboy, Fry Lover to place their bets and then we can kick this thing off

New Orleans at Indianapolis: New Orleans win

Atlanta at Minnesota: Atlanta win

Carolina at St. Louis: St Louis win

Denver at Buffalo: Buffalo win

Kansas City at Houston: Kansas City win

Miami at Washington: Washington win

New England at NY Jets: New England win

Philadelphia at Green Bay: Green Bay win

Pittsburgh at Cleveland: Cleveland win

Tennessee at Jacksonville: Jacksonville win

Chicago at San Diego: Chicargo win

Detroit at Oakland: Oakland win

Tampa Bay at Seattle: Tampa Bay win

NY Giants at Dallas: Giants win

Baltimore at Cincinnati: Baltimore win

Arizona at San Francisco: San Fransisco win

I will place my bets by tomorrow evening at the latest (Sunday) is that ok?

When's the first game? Thursday night?

Hey lets all name our teams...............

FRY_LOVER =

DENVER BRONCOS and its been this way since the day of Superbowl XXI which i think was 1987, which makes me 12 at the time. My best friends either supported the 49ers or Bears. The two reasons i remember picking the Broncos was (A) the orange jerseys and (B) the 3-Amigo's which were wide receivers Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson and Ricky Nattiel

MY best memory has to be beating the Packers in the Superbowl, i still remember John Mobley swatting down Brett Favre's last pass :D

MY two worst memories.... losing at home to Jacksonville in the play offs (years ago) and losing at home to Pittsburgh in the play offs recently.

As for this year, i am not as confident as i was this time last year. Last year i tohught Jake Plummer would take us all the way. This year i think Jay Cutler is going to his share of growing pains and i dont like our Front 7 on Defense.... time will tell.

Can;t Champ Bailey just play all 22 positions? We would be unstoppable :hyper:

Boboboy, a lot of your bets are completely opposite to what mine will be i think, this is gonna be interesting!

If i've got this right, here are the people playing and where they are from and what team they follow

Bozza, Australia, PACKERS (going by avatar!!!)
Vancouver, Canada, SEAHAWKS
Fry Lover, UK, BRONCOS
Orange Shark, UK
Boboboy, UK
Masterdrummer, USA
Pimp, not sure where he's from, maybe Hollywood Boulevard, LOL

Bozza, can you remind of the rules again, i read something about "away wins" ? I have scrolled back but still not 100% clear

cheers

EDIT: assuming Pimp is based in Hollywood, that only gives us 2 Yanks from 7 peeps? or 2.5 if you include Vancouver :rolleyes: sorry, just been one of those days and i am overtired :hyper: my jokes get pretty lame!!!!

Orange Shark, how about you "adopt" a team for the season, still time!!!! http://www.nfl.com/teams

For those that are curious, here at the odds of one UK bookmakers, to win Superbowl

New England Patriots 4/1
San Diego Chargers 6/1
Indianapolis Colts 8/1
Chicago Bears 10/1
Baltimore Ravens 14/1
New Orleans Saints 14/1
Cincinnati Bengals 16/1
Philadelphia Eagles 16/1
Dallas Cowboys 20/1
Denver Broncos 20/1
Seattle Seahawks 20/1
Carolina Panthers 25/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
New York Giants 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
Kansas City Chiefs 40/1
New York Jets 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
St Louis Rams 40/1
Atlanta Falcons 50/1
Green Bay Packers 50/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Buffalo Bills 66/1
Miami Dolphins 66/1
Washington Redskins 66/1
Minnesota Vikings 80/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100/1
Cleveland Browns 125/1
Detroit Lions 125/1
Houston Texans 125/1
Oakland Raiders 200/1

Fry lover: Thats ok doing yours bets by then. Im sure everyone will be fair and post their bets up well before the start of the weeks kick off game. Thanks for the UK bookmakers, to win Superbowl about each team. Was a interesting read.

RULES:
- Must place bets a few days before the kick off of that weeks rounds.
- For each bet you get correct is 5 points, 3 points for a tie (if ties exist) and 0 points for a incorrect bet
- If you have failed to place your bets for a certain week, I will give you the points for games where the away team wins. (i.e Dallas at Pittsburgh and Dallas wins, then you'll get the 5 points if you didnt place your own bets for that week.) Hopefully it doesnt come to that :p
You can read up on the teams and stats on www.nfl.com

My team is Green Bay Packers, mainly cause I have been to their stadium 3 times and have really liked it. I had always like gridiron and then going to their stadium and being their made me like that team more. Plus the amount of GB stuff I have in my room is quite alot :p

Im sure after the first week things will make more sense

- If you have failed to place your bets for a certain week, I will give you the points for games where the away team wins. (i.e Dallas at Pittsburgh and Dallas wins, then you'll get the 5 points if you didnt place your own bets for that week.) Hopefully it doesnt come to that :p
You can read up on the teams and stats on www.nfl.com

i dont get this part Bozza

how can you award points to people if they didnt place their bets?

To keep it fair, if they give me a good reason why they didnt place bets, ill give them points for the away teams wins. Or does everyone not want to do that? As I said im sure everyone playing will place their bets at the correct time and this wont have to happen but im just putting it in places. But if everyone is against doing this i wont. I dont really care.

up to you mate and lets see what the others think, me personally, i dont see the need to give people "points" if they dont even bet. For me, if you dont bet in time, you get no points, simple.

I'm surprised there are so few americans getting into this.

Anyway my team is the New England Patriots. I've liked them since 2000. Which is before they were good...
My second favorite team is San Diego. Gotta love LaDanian.

Most reactions

Back