Algae?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ryan028

Reaction score
I have what i think is algae growing everywhere in my tank. The plants and wood seem more affected but it is started to show up on the glass now. It is hard to explain what it looks like so i took some pics to help identify it. Any help with this would be much appreciated

algae2.jpg

algae1.jpg

algae.jpg

Is the piece of wood new? It looks like white fungi, often appears on newly introduced wood, and will spread to certain plants. Generally dies away after a few weeks. Won't directly harm your fish, but will suck up some oxygen. Use a soft unused toothbrush to get it off
good.gif

yeah the wood was introduced to the tank last week. This stuff is spreading all over the glass like crazy.

So is it more than likely white fungus then? and it should clear up on its own in a few weeks?

Very common with new wood. I can't tell you why it appears, and only on certain woods too. I have had it before, and it went away after about 2 or 3 weeks. I would try and clean it off as much as you can, as it will be using up oxygen. Is pretty ugly too
angry.gif
. There might be some chemical cure that will speed up its demise, but I couldn't advise on that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back