Algae Is Taking Over!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
had a bit of an algae outbreak recently, thought id ask advice on how to control it and keep it away
i dont have any pics right now so i'll describe it... its building up only on the glass of my tank that i have noticed anyway, its in small round blotchy clusters and its a greeny brown colour its also quite stubborn too as i have tried to scrape it off but it seems to keep coming back, im guessing its due to too much lighting as i dont have a proper routine i just turn lights on when i get up and turn them out some time in the evening! i will put some pics up tomorrow :)

had a bit of an algae outbreak recently, thought id ask advice on how to control it and keep it away
i dont have any pics right now so i'll describe it... its building up only on the glass of my tank that i have noticed anyway, its in small round blotchy clusters and its a greeny brown colour its also quite stubborn too as i have tried to scrape it off but it seems to keep coming back, im guessing its due to too much lighting as i dont have a proper routine i just turn lights on when i get up and turn them out some time in the evening! i will put some pics up tomorrow :)

Less food and larger or more frequent water changes did it for me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back