Algae Bloom I Think Need Help!

buffmaxwell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys i think im currently dealing with an algae bloom. so my tank has been set up for about 7 weeks now. and i had started to have a diatom issue about 2 weeks ago. but i wasnt that concerned about it, because ive had them before in my other tanks and they eventually cleared up in a couple of weeks or so. but now about 3 days ago all the sudden the water just turned super merky. also im aware that high light plus ferts and co2 = algae. ive read about doing the whole black out technique, but id rather not. because all of my plants are thriving, i just cant see them haha. also its a 10 gallon.

anyways just hoping someone could help me out.

before
IMG_3268.jpg

after
IMG_7228.jpg

i would say scrub the glass and do water changes... cut down the lighting and it should clear up faster... remember water changes are the key.

try that and see if that works....

good luck.

A blackout (4 ish days) won't harm the plants :good:
Do you use a plant fertiliser? if so make sure you aren't dosing too much.
It's a big improvement by the way compared to the first pics you posted. Are you going to move the angel when he gets a bit bigger?:good:

Clean the glass, do a large water change and keep doing them until your filter is able to cope, what media is in your filter and what has your water change regime been since starting this tank?

Most reactions

trending

Back