Algae- and the Solution?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaBoyz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi, my name is amber and i have a -sniff- algae problem. slime, bear and green algae are covering one side of my tank and all my plants. the parameters are fine, but i've been told Algae-Eaters are a picky bunch.

so really; would a magnet scrubber or one of the scrubber-pads-on-a-stick work better? i heard someone here had her prized Guppy squished into the magnet algae scrubber, and i don't want to lose any of my babies!

Ottos, SAE's etc. will eat algae, and many fish will peck a bit, (Mollies, Barbs). A scraper will get it off the walls, (not plants), but will not remove it, just redistribute it.

You either have to much light, to many nutrients, not enough higher plants, or low CO2, (other possibilities as well - but less likely).

Higher plants are more efficient converters of light/nutrient than algaes, so out-compete them.

It was my magnetic floating alge cleaner that squished my guppy. It was one in a million chance of it happening. I still use it as it is very good, I'm just a lot more carefull when I do. I tried one of those scourers on a stick and it scratched the inside of the glass :(
Regards
Jim

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back