Albimarginata Spawned!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Maybe the move was just too stressful for him? Being wild caught...they just aren't accustomed to having human's in their faces like the tank raised fry are...and some fish are just more resiliant then others too, he could have had something stress him out before he got to you and it just all added up on him...you just never know.

Stress lowers their immune system, and being wild caught their nerves are going to be worse then a tank raised fish anyways....so there are tons of factors that could have affected him adversly.

I know that alot of people try to keep their brim, catfish, and baby bass they catch in the lakes/rivers and 90% of them die...from being stressed out (from being caught and transported, then being in full view of people) and then getting sick and die.

Maybe when people get wild caught fish they should keep the tank covered and in an out of the way place, where noises and vibrations are minimal, and gradually introduce themselves and human noises over a period of time, extending each viewing time longer and longer until they get relatively accustomed to seeing people and hearing all the noises we make.

Sorry about your fish though....really sucks..but atleast you still have a pair left though....good luck with those!

He wasn't wild-caught SRC, he was tank bred ;)
All three albimarginata seemed very used to human contact and not at all bothered by it. The female in particular is a little attention hog!

ah well...no idea then. I kept seeing people talk about being wild caught and I guess I assumed yours was as well.

Incase anyone cares about the moss balls, the seller just mailed me back and apparently he didn't know they had to be cleared with Customs, so I'm having to explain the whole thing to him. This is the first time Customs has ever found one of his shipments, judging by his feedback on Aquabid. Aren't I lucky? :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back