Air Bubbles On Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh dear, sorry to keep going on about this. Just trying to be helpful. The advice your LFS gave you is basically bad advice - but it's so common, unfortunately. Adding 10 gallons of water from another tank is not going to mature your filter.

Ah, one thing I didn't ask last time... when you set up the new tank, did you transfer over the filter from your old tank or did you use a brand new filter?

That makes a whole difference...

It might be an idea to have a read through all the filter cycling notes on this website to get a fuller understanding of the whole process and how it works. Relying on what shop staff tell you isn't always the best thing as they are there predominantly for one reason...to sell and keep the business profits up! Of course, some LFS staff are better than others, so I'm not throwing them all in the same pot :lol:

As for the sick fish - you definitely need to medicate otherwise you'll more than likely have more deaths. So, as you need to do water changes to lower any possible ammonia in there, I would medicate in the morning and do the water change in the evening. That way your fish will have the benefit of the meds throughout the day. Start the whole process off with a 50% water change, though.

Also, it's best to feed very sparsely (some recommend not at all) until the major symptoms have cleared up.

All the best - Athena

So I went to the tropical fish store that is known for having a good reputation, rather than the my lfs. I bought a full master test kit.

Levels are:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
PH - 7.2
Nitrate - 40ppm

Going to do a 40% water change, add anti-biotic that is safe to react w/ copper (because of the Coppersafe we put in - which he said really is no good) and figure out where to go from here. I appreciate all your help! I wasn't trying to be rude (if it came off that way) - this is just extremely frustrating and getting different information from all different sources causes more issues than it does help, as I'm sure you know. So thank you again.

Also - used the old filter from the old tank for the 2 weeks it ran and then a small amount of time after the fish were in until we added another dual filter.

Ah, well that's fine then. Have to ask all these questions because of not knowing the full details from the start.

Hope you manage to save these sick fishies.

Regards - Athena

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back