Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

African Cichlid 195G, 750L Tank, Please help me Stock witch Suggestions

Discussion in 'Cichlids - African' started by christopherbryankroeger, Sep 15, 2017.

1. christopherbryankroeger

I've gotten a new 200 gallon tank (heating, lighting, filtration, decor, the whole shebang); once it's cycled, I'd like to make it an African Cichlid community tank. Does anybody have any ideas for a good combination of African cichlids? "I´d love very bright and vibrant colors :) And how many of them should I have?

2. fishlover22346

fishlover22346 Fish Fanatic

one very large aggressive cichlid that makes a very interesting pet is a species of tilapia, as funny as it sounds they have a lot of personality and make great pets.

3. Dwarf cichlids rule

Dwarf cichlids rule New Member

Just keeping South African in North African away from each other different tanks they will fight to the death I made this mistake when I very first started raising him and breeding them I had two 55-gallon tanks at about 35 different cichlids in tanks and they crossbred I sold them to PetSmart local stores very intelligent very smart you can actually play fetch with a ping pong ball and they cichlid will bring it back to you look it up I didn't think it was possible that they will

4. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

In a tank that large I'd shoot for some of the different hap species. If you want color but not the hassle of aggression and fry then get all males. A few species I've kept and adored are:

Blue ahli
    Livingstonii
    Rock Kribensis

Then non hap species:
    Peacocks
    yellow labs
    white tail aci
    blue zebra
    Bumble bee

The three that are underlined are mbuna, and I do not recommend keeping mbuna with haps. Believe it or not, the smaller mbuna get quite aggressive and I've had them terrorize my peacocks and livingstonii until I removed them.

I suggest you do more researching before getting your fish. There's a lot of info on the web so I'd spend a several hours just looking around at different species and their behaviors.