Adf Slightly Bloated And Floating On Surface

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

promithius

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well im worried now,i have 2 adf's in a 3g tank with 1 ghost shrimp. loverly guys, eating well. Lastnight all was fine, then when i check on em today one is slightly bloated on the stomach and is having trouble staying off the surface. I dont know the sex of them, any chance it could be pregnency? Im new to frogs so im not sure about it, and im dreading that its Dropsy, because the only vet in this town who does aquatics is p**s poor. help!

Well im worried now,i have 2 adf's in a 3g tank with 1 ghost shrimp. loverly guys, eating well. Lastnight all was fine, then when i check on em today one is slightly bloated on the stomach and is having trouble staying off the surface. I dont know the sex of them, any chance it could be pregnency? Im new to frogs so im not sure about it, and im dreading that its Dropsy, because the only vet in this town who does aquatics is p**s poor. help!
I have noticed that after a large feeding they can become extremely lethargic and downright lazy, floating at the top of the water so they dont have to come up for a sip. Have you feed them recently? Try to gently touch the frog with your finger, does it swim down to the bottom immediatley when you scare him?

Drew

swims down but has to physically hold onto something to stop from floating back up :( Last feed was yesterday morning, and he/she wont take anything today

swims down but has to physically hold onto something to stop from floating back up :( Last feed was yesterday morning, and he/she wont take anything today
Wow, I have never seen that. I am very sorry. Post in the emergency section asap. Hopefully he pulls through :)
Sorry I couldnt help more.

Drew

just to let you know, got up this morning and...he seems perfectly fine! All the swelling has gone down, he's swimming about activly and practically attacks the syringe when i feed him! :D

Edit:Typo

my frogs are sometimes like this, i think thay may just have swallowed too much air or somthing, but my frogs always recover in a day or so.

just to let you know, got up this morning and...he seems perfectly fine! All the swelling has gone down, he's swimming about activly and practically attacks the syringe when i feed him! :D

Edit:Typo
Great news :good: I am glad everything turned out ok!

Drew

Most reactions

trending

Back