A Silver Colored Silver Tip Tetra?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

n3ont3tra

Lets go Flyers
Reaction score
I have a group of 5 Silver Tip Tetras, and 4 of them are very beautiful and shiny gold colored, and the remaining one is very shiny as well, but it's silver, not gold. All of them have a very black stripe on the tail, which doesn't make me think it's stress, but what could it be? The silver one /does/ seem to get chased, but so do all the others, it is more of a group, like they're playing, than like any one fish being in power, or being attacked. When I first got them at about an inch long they were all gold, now they've grown to two inches and the silver one is a little bit taller so it makes me think it's a female. Does anybody have any other ideas of the discoloration?

Male SilverTips are considerably more coloured then females. A coppery golden colour overall, whereas the females are much more silver. If she is deepening, then it would seem you may well have 4 males and a female, which may also explain why she is getting chased a lot. If space allows, you might want to consider getting a few more females to dilute the attention.

Most reactions

Back