A Response From The Moderating Team

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
Concerning this topic, the Moderating Team has come to a conclusion.

Some of these topics hold valuable information, though difficult to find in long multiple page topics involving many members. Some have more organizational related information than actual fish information. They are in many ways conglomerations of personal journals, all squeezed into one topic.

There is only one owner or boss here, which is William, the site owner. We are all his guests; this includes the Moderating Team and myself.

The topics will remain closed, Photograph And Journal subsections will be created in the appropriate sections, and these closed topics will be moved to those subsections; Livebearers, Oscar, and Snake Head clubs. The remainder of the club topics will stay where they are, but will have subsections created for journals as needed.

This is pending removal of member numbers, self-appointed titles, and links concerning these topics from signatures. The Moderating Team has been very lenient recently with signatures, many of these are not within the rules, but were allowed to remain. Please review the signature rules here; [URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=91356"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=91356[/URL]

This is being done on a trial basis, as with nearly anything the Moderating Team does there is consideration for adjustment.

This in effect offers personal journal areas for members, which is much more consistent with the organizational layout of this forum. It allows for conveyance of some rather involved aquatic information in a more organized manner. It also eliminates any confusion as to who actually owns and runs this site. Organizational consistency is a must when it involves a forum of this size, and is something the Moderating Team is consistently striving for. The Moderating Team also strives for member enjoyment and involvement; we feel this agreement offers the best of both.

The Moderating Team

hi tolak thats cool but what about the friday fryday quite a few people liked that including the mods is there anyway of making somekind of subsection for that or is that it mate

Thanks
Jay

That was one of our stumbling blocks for lack of a better term when reaching this decision. We felt that it was a good topic, but for forum consistency the breeding information was better off being in it's respective breed section. We had a difficult time justifying a specific section for that topic, as it is many species. We also can't see justifying a sub section for just one topic.

thats fair enough mate i just wanted to know why
Thanks for your reply tolak
What if i did a thread in the pic section for fry with a general description and the people post the progress of thier fry a simular thing just not a club of any kind just something like "show your fry" would that be allowed mate or is that a no no

Thanks again
Jay

I don't see a problem with a "show your fry" topic, as long as there is no club. I actually liked that topic, but as often happens I did have to shelf personal preferences and such, and add input to the rest of the mods concerning that topic from a neutral point of view.

wow there are a lot of signatures that look to big and it is rather annoying ^^
yeah i know what you mean.

(But dont even get me started on the 'real truths' of 9/11, they are yet to come out publically)

I suppose there's a way to turn the sig's off so they don't show up, but there are some cool things in some. Just gets frustrating when half the page is signatures. Just like that 1 little tiny line of text takes up soooo much screen space...

anyways, yes good job to the mods. I feel their decision was well thought out and makes the most sense.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back