A Quick Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dancin76ersgurl

Reaction score
My Gold Platy is pooping out this black stringish looking poop or something....is this normal???? I'm a little confused....... I thought it was maybe pregnant but i don't know...

its a sign of over feeding
feed once a day and only once a day,
and if you already do that then feed half the
amount you are feeding.

When I first started out (only 6 months ago) i fed my guys twice a day... now i'm down to once every second day. They seem happy and wow is it less mess to clean up! lol It's ok to do this.. right?

Val

I really don't feed it much....there are 5 other fish....i only give a little bit of flakes....cuz I'd rather underfeed than over feed. She has been kind of fat since I got her on Sunday.....maybe she was over fed then??????

I was wondering if she was pregnant.....but how do you tell??? and why would the poop be black stringy things.....shes been doing this for like 3 hours now...... :S

Pregnancy has nothing to do with pooping. Either she is being or was overfed, she may have parasites or some illness. She may in fact be pregnant as well. But that has nothing to do with her poop.

\Dan

The fish is just pooping every fish does. I feed my fish 1 every 3 days and there fine for almost a year or two.

But why is the poop black and stringy?? None of my other fish are doing it.... Does it normally last for hours???????? Something doesn't seem right....

O no thats too bad... :(

I don't know she seems fine because she is swiming around and everything with the other fish. Plus she did eat today as well. But she seems a little fat...as far as I can tell she has stopped pooping. Right before she stopped it was more like white-ish....

Most reactions

Back