A Minor Complaint

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TwoTankAmin

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
When one goes into chat there is a list on the right hand side which shows the screen name of anybody in chat. When folks come in the name appears and when they leave is disappears. However, this function seems to be directly related ro one being signed onto the forum. There appears to be an automatic function which unlogs a person if they are inactive on the forums after some amount of time. This is a good idea as it saves bandwidth.

The problem is when one is in chat the site does not see this as being active and one gets logged out of the forum but not the chat. What then happens is the list of who is in chat stops updating for new arrivals.  It becomes difficult to know who is actually in the chat if they do not say anything for a bit.

Is there anyway this can be fixed so that the name list remains active as long as one is in chat. Chat also has its own auto-boot for inactive chatters.

One note, merely relogging onto the forum does not fix the problem, one then has to reload the chat for it to take effect,

I've noticed this too. It says I'm the only one in chat sometimes but others are clearly in there but they aren't on the list

I will look into timeout settings but there isn't an actual way to make this go away, just to prolong it. The reason being that the chat is an add-on and this represents a programmatic oversight on the part of the add-on author. The only way for it to get fixed is when the author updates his plug in.

TY for the reply. Not a huge deal, but was hoping it might be a simple fix.

I looked around the back end after I posted the above but there wasn't a setting that would take care of it. I'll just keep an eye out for an update to that plug-in but in the mean time...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back