A Bit Drastic But Had To Be Done

mister-t

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
after reading many posts on here about bba algae i decided it was time for me to get to grips with the bba in my tank today.first thing i did was to remove any plants that had a serious bba infestation,the plants that are left i removed any infested leaves,removed my bogwood which has java fern attached
trimed the java fern,then put bogwood under running water and scrubbed it with an old tooth brush to remove the bba,did a gravel clean and water change,replaced the wood which now looks really clean and nice,it looks light brown instead of a slimey black,all i have to do now this weekend is replace the plants i had to throw away,and hopefully the plants i had to trim the leaves off will regrow,and hopefully my bba will not return
mister-t

Good luck with that!

My BBA in my coldwater tank seems to have turned into an almost quite attractive deep purple/red colour. I kinda like it :lol:

I'm always looking on the bad side of things, but if you havn't actually changed anything in your set up, then I would be thinking that it may just come back...

BTW, I can only wonder at your optimism Dev....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back