70l Dennerle aquarium

Yea im starting to realise that light purchase may have been a bad idea 😄 I Only have lights on now for 6hrs now, I wish it had a dimmer. I might change the metal rods as you suggested. I had seen a twin star light that looked decent but it’s just the cost. That’s the problem with this hobby.

edit - I had also thought of a cover for the light as it blinds the room it is in. A 3D printed one was the idea I had. Something similar to 2nd pic
I have no experience of that light. You can put electrical tape over some of the leds.
I like a light not to sit right above the water level. Just a personal preference.

Water clarity improving all the time. Plants growing extremely well. I will be increasing fertiliser dosage on Monday.
No real diatom problem or algae yet.(fingers crossed)
Tank is deep cleaned once a week. Filters removed and sponges rinsed out.
Subtrate not touched though. Just large bits of debris or exoskeleton removed.
50% water change weekly. Water level topped off with spring water.
Hopefully i can cut down on water changes and cleaning in a months time. Aiming for 20% water change fortnightly. I will monitor things though.
My first trim is coming. Taiwan lilly slowly growing and settling in now.
Cryptocoryne Flamingo is doing things. Crypt Petchii doing really well from tissue culture. I love this Crypt. Probably my favourite along with Tropica. Lucens hasn't done anything. My first time using this plant.
Anubias Petite sprouting new leaves. Really pleased with that
IMG_20240218_165844.jpg

IMG_20240218_165802_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
A quick look at my 40 litre tank. Yesterday I threw in some subtrate as this was a bare bottom tank with crypts, java moss, a coconut hut and some small lava rocks. I added some pebbles, more leaf litter and some alder cones.
This tank houses 3 small Borellii that I've raised and my cpds that I havest eggs from.

Today I welcome my five new arrivals. I'm super excited. Here are some shots.
IMG_20240301_134733.jpg

IMG_20240301_133450.jpg

IMG_20240301_133502.jpg

IMG_20240301_134958~2.jpg

Last edited:
Going to trim plants today. I'm also increasing fertiliser dosage from 5ml to 8ml per week.
Dropped temperature down to 70f on heater from 74f but room temperature keeping tank around 72f
Diatoms are showing a bit
My floating rings keeping my floating plants together were briefly dipped in boiling water. This kills any form of algae instantly. This practice will be monthly or so.
Sunday is water change day and no feeding fish apart from my fry tank.
When the Taiwan Lilly fills in it should look more junglefied.
IMG_20240225_155532~2.jpg

Last edited:
Not much to report. Stem plants doing well. I have already trimmed them. Diatoms showing its face. Crypts still settling in. Some growth seen. Added a surface skimmer just to remove oily surface. Also taken out some cherry shrimp to breed in another tank.
1000000172.jpg

1000000175.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back