60l Rebuild Journal

RYO You're tank is amazing, the hair grass looks so cool flowing in the current, superb effect there.
EDIT: Well in the pics on the 5th page its longer so it seems more 'flowy', still looks great with the trim.

RYO You're tank is amazing, the hair grass looks so cool flowing in the current, superb effect there.
EDIT: Well in the pics on the 5th page its longer so it seems more 'flowy', still looks great with the trim.

Cheers, lol its only because i removed the filter to take the shot, the grass normally sits at around 45 deg .The tank has a pretty powerful flow with the fluval 204.

Like it mate, quite a lot ;) what the plant to the right of the java moss, looks cool, really long leafed and the crypt on the right is a picture of health, nice colouration too.

Sam

Sam the plant is Eusteralis stellata. Its a stunning plant that grows like a weed. its a tad large for this tank really and needs constant pruning, but in my deeper tank and left to grow out it takes on a pinkish tinge on the top leaves.

fishkiller_nomore -Ive just given the tank a massive trim, I tried a little experiment with the stem plants, after reading one of Takashi Amanos books. He basically just chops through his stems with a large scissors and lets them grow. I tried it but haven't been too impressed with my results. The stems seem to grow a bit leggy and woody(??!!?? for a better expression)
I'm still battling some hair algea too :grr:
Will post some pics as soon as it looks like a tank again :sad:

Just added pressurised co2, all £26 worth :D
co2001.jpg

6.jpg

Will get some pics soon of tank :D

Yep great bargain! best bargain i have had in the hobby has been my 2 CO2 fire extinguishers, a 5kg and a 2kg, i bought both extinguishers and had them filled by the same guy before my very eyes for the totally outrageous price of 25 euro or about £17 quid for the pair, he then explained to me that he would do refills for £4 quid :D ..............couldn't believe my luck.....hehe happy days

Nice 1 Zig, refilling is going to be problem. The 500g jbl is no problem as a few places do them for around a tenner but they don't touch other makes.
I'm trying to find out if a local gas rifill co will do my fire extinguisher and bio plas bottle.
Mind for prices like that i might pop on the ferry and pay you a visit lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back