55 Gallon

rarely gets over 12 " , sorry you're not getting the PSG .

Hopefully the " Blue Gudgeon" , whatever it is won't be a disapointment .

Do you have a digicam ? can you post pics ?

Yes, I do have a digital camera. I will post some pictures when I go and get him tommarow. I'm not very disapointed though. I think a Gudgeon that is new to me will be exiting! :D

StingrayKid said:
Yes, I do have a digital camera. I will post some pictures when I go and get him tommarow. I'm not very disapointed though. I think a Gudgeon that is new to me will be exiting! :D
Great , I'd like to see the pics :nod: .

Just try to pray the store is wrong about them :p Lets see some pics when you get him/her! I'd like to know what this "blue" spotted gudgeon looks like :D

:grr: I am really mad. It was supposed to come in today. The store said that it would definately be in today and when I go to call them to make sure its in, the guy on the phone tells me that it wasn't on their ordering list! :eek: This wasn't the person I ordered it from, but I'm going to the store tommarow to see whats up, and to give them a peice of my mind. :X After all, I called them perioticly throughout the week, making sure it would be in by the date quoted. They said yes,yes,yes. It was supposed to come in Wesday, but it was delayed. Then on Thursday, it was delayed, and now, when they get their shipment of fish in, they tell me its not even on their order list!? :<

To bad ,but remember cool heads prevail .

Well, before I tell you guys what happened at the LFS, I'd like to let you know I did stay calm. :shifty:

Apparently, up here in Maine, we can't get the Gudgeons I'm looking for. What I mean to say is that there is such thing as a SALTWATER Gudgeon. The LFS guy who told me they didn't have it on the list was totally right, because it is a saltwater fish. So now, i guess its no Gudgeon for me. Any othe thoughts on what I should get to go along with my Spotted Rafeal and Ropefish? :dunno:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you may get a kick out of this. I asked the LFS lady I don't really like, but she was the only one there, how much the Gold Servum they had was. She said $29.99, and it needed at leat 75 gallons of water... she also said it would shortly die if I put it in a 55 gallon... So now, all I'm going to buy from this store is plants, because they have good deals. Otherwise, I won't take any fish advice from them. :no:

Also, I was thinking. Would a trio of Clown Loaches be okay with my Ropefish and Cat? I'm not worried about my Cat as much as the Ropefish. The Ropefish never bothered Cories in the old tank, but, I'm just making sure.

Sorry to here that, clowns should be ok for a few years, until they get huge :) My severum is thriving in his 55g, he hasn't died yet :dunno: :p

I did go out and buy a trio last night. They are very shy right now, but, they are starting to get used to the tank. :) They are really nice fish. But....

clowns should be ok for a few years, until they get huge :)

By huge, do you mean the length of 12 inches? Didn't you tell me a while back that three Clowns would be okay in a 55g? Everywhere I look, read, or ask, I find that most Clowns usually only reach 6-8 inches, sometimes a bit larger in captivity. 12+ inches are usually achieved in the wild, where they are hunted for food. I have a book, which is written by a series of professors and doctors, who have degrees in different Aquatic Biologies, that say that 12 inches is very rarely seen in the Aquaria, and most specimens don't even exceed 6 inches in length. I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, I just want to tell what I've found out. :thumbs:

I don't remember saying that but now that I think about it, they would be ok for about a decade before they got too big :lol: I don't mind being corrected :) How much did they cost you? I was going to get some but everywhere I go they cost $7 and up :dunno:

$7 is actually a great price up here in Maine. Small ones can cost up to $20. I got my three for $9 each. :nod:

Wow, that's quite expensive. Here they sell for $5 or 6 CDN. I see the same fish there at that same lfs for over half a year now, maybe that's why they're so cheap. Noone's buying them. :(

I used a few handfuls ofgravel and kept it in a stocking and used it to help cycle my roomate's tank in a few days. That and filter media really can help instantly seed the tank with benefitial bacteria.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back