50 Gal

lol
well the only top are the angels. and one red eye tetras, middle i have rummynose tetras and 1 GBR, bottom i have 1 GBR (same fish) and 2 bn plecos. but i will be adding 2 gold rams (depending on if they are females or not) on thursday, so that might be a factor.

also can i take out the 30 galon filter to see if my actual filter can handle the bioload? (hopefully in a fish safe way)

I think 2 more angels would be fine. I think that would maybe max out your top swimmers though, with the addition of gold rams, not that theyre top swimming, but angels are in the middle most of the time anyways.   

Not sure about the filter thing, would hate to give you bogus advice there and mess up your tank lol i tend to get all my info about that stuff from other ppl ;)

on ym 20 gallon, nothing to do with the 65, i added 3 more albino corys so that my albino corys is now up to 4. I will be hoping to get two more ppered so that they will go up to 3, and i want to add 3 ottos since that pretty much everything is covered in algea on my tank. Would my 20 gallon be able to support this, plus my 6 pygmys, 5 mosquito fish (if needed they can go into the 65) and 1 betta? i also added 7 strands of moneywort to take the place of three fake plants. I also removed another 3 fake plants, and added some kind of sword that starts with r (ravanda i think?) and i added two rosette swords. I am really happy with this tank now, besides the algea. and the right side is looking like a jungle, with a whole bunch of wisteria. i always find my pygmys and my peppered and albino cory playing "tag". Eventually i want to take out the rest of the fake plants on the right and replace it with more wisteria. PIcture will hopefully come, once mot of the algea has cleared, and after my finished stocking.

Now on to the 65 gallon.
I canceled the order on the 2 rams since they didnt come in today :/ So maybe sometime in the future i might add 2 smaller angels? My Mother Crypts are doing very well and have grown i think 4 inches since i put them in, and they have sprouts all around them. My Jungle val has grown i think 3 inches. My crypts have grown bushy. My bacopa has grown i think an inch? All of my fish are doing great. Pictures will hopefully come as soon as the ones for the 20 gallon

You might be okay with all of those cories, but honestly, I would move the peppereds to the 65 gallon and up the albinos to 6. It makes such a big difference with their behavior, it's really worth it. Albinos and pygmys sound like a really cool combo :) Then i would up the peppereds to 6 in the 65. I couldn't believe the difference just going from 4 green cories to 6. 

Def. post pics! Are you using ferts? I dose seachem flourish every day and it's really making a big difference. I don't have any of the jungle val, but i do have the corkscrew and italian. The italian bounced back and is growing much faster than the corkscrew. I bought a ratala (sp?) not even 2 weeks ago and it's grown almost 4 inches. I just ordered 5 more plants yesterday actually :rolleyes:

wow, i actually never thought of putting the peppered, in the 65, definetely something i might do. what kind of corys do you have? iwill try and post some pictures soon.
I dosely i think about 5ml of ferts every week in the 65 and none in the 20 gallon. also what is the difference between the jungle val, corkscrew val and italian val?

is that tank in you signture, the one that loks like a really cool valey, and has a bunch of caves for the fish. if so, i have seen the tank and it looks amazing.

YES that is my tank :blush: thank you very much. I actually just recently took out the big stones, and replaced them with caves that I made myself, my pictus was not very happy without a proper cave, and I plan to get loaches in the future, so i needed more hiding places. I miss the stones, but i think with the addition of more plants, it will be just as cool. 

I have mostly green cories, a lone sterbai i rescued and nursed to health with is growing and doing great. I also have 3 venezuala (sp?) black cories. I bought them as 6, but have lost a couple. They were very very tiny and i think not so healthy, i don't purchase from that lfs any longer. I used to keep peppereds and really liked them alot. I rehomed them to a friend's tank, where she had a couple, so now they're in a bigger group.

Jungle val is straight but thicker of a leaf, italian val is straight too but not as thick as the jungle, and the corkscrew grows curly and is also called spiral vallis i think. I think the jungle may grow a bit taller than the italian, not too sure but my italian is growing pretty tall already, i really like it.

thanks again for the compliment on my tank, i needed it :)

where is the link to your tank, i would love to see the caves you made. Are the black cories rare? ive never seen or heard of them. also will the peppered be ok at a higher temperature of 81 degrees farenhiet?

i added ludwigia to my 20 gallon tank, and there is now no more fake plants, besides a fake car. the ludqigia is covered in roots all up the stems, anyone know why this is and how i could get rid of it?

It might have been floating for a while, hence the roots growing out of the entire plant. You could trim them off i think, i don't think it's necessary though.  Here is a bad picture of one of the caves I made.. they look a lot better in person :blush:

DSCN4809_zps24ebe4e7.jpg

You can still see the super glue, grrr...

wow, i think that looks good. what did you use to cover it?

Silicone and peat moss :)

I have noticed though that my bn has eaten some of the peat moss off of the inside of the big cave lol

greenmumma141 said:
I have noticed though that my bn has eaten some of the peat moss off of the inside of the big cave lol

lol

does the peat moss grow in the water?

no, it's not a type of moss, it's actually kind of like a fluffy soil. It's good for aquariums though, and healthy for the fish :)

Most reactions

Back