5 gallon rescape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Really?Would you mind giving me 5 or so?And yes I have made it to stillwater except I live in Bethany so it's a long drive.Maybe you could ship them?

I've never shipped anything like this, I will read up on it.

Pm me your address

To ship cherrys you need a proper air bag, heater packs, and a lot of newspaper. That's it, pretty simple.

Any update pictures on your tank? :eek:
I feel like im the only person who updates something on their journal every day, well I have a purely scaped tank so nvm its more maintenance and more going on in the technician area and field of it all...
hey also java moss Is great for bay shrimp to feed off of. They eat bio film off it, and can hide in it. Good for shrimp period! :) Does your S. Repens still have diatoms on them? in others words "the brownish looking algae stuff"
ALSO again, I wouldn't put the shrimp in your WB contraption, let them do their thing freely (just IMO but here is what I got from actual research)
  • Ghost Shrimp are easy to breed. Ensure the tank is stocked with both males and females. Females are much larger than males, usually about 1.5x the length. It is optimal to have twice as many females as males.
  • Choosing specific ratios may not be possible when purchasing. In this case purchase at least 20 to ensure a healthy mix of both male and females.
  • Raise the temperature in the aquarium to around 80°F. Raising the temperature can help simulate warmer months (and therefore wetter months) of the year. Water changes can also help contribute to breeding behavior. Higher temperatures increase metabolism and will help breeding activity in the Ghost Shrimp.
  • It is important to fill your tank with patches of thick plant cover. This will give the Ghost Shrimp piece of mind and safety needed for breeding. Raising the relative hardness of the water can spur breeding. Harder water signals to Ghost Shrimp higher calcium and mineral levels necessary for maturation of eggs. This can be obtained by adding a small bag of limestone chips to the filter.
  • Within one to two weeks females will be noticeable with rows of hundreds of eggs beneath their tails. Ghost shrimp will constantly fan the eggs to ensure they remain oxygenated and healthy. Ensure the tank is using an air filter at this point. Ghost Shrimp fry are small and fragile.
  • Sometimes the Ghost Shrimp become pregnant but there are never any young. In this case check three parameters. The calcium is at appropriate levels in the tank. Too elevated can lead to impermeable shells. Too low can lead to soft development. Ensure the temperature is around 80°F, this is necessary to encourage birth. Relax the Ghost Shrimp with plant and artificial cover.
  • Ghost Shrimp fry are born live from the mother. The eggs will be carried for around 1 to two weeks. Immediately after being born the fry must fend for themselves. It is wise to move them to a fry-only tank. Ghost Shrimp are scavengers and will often eat their own young.

Yeah I will get a pic out tomorrow.Im in a bit of a money situtiation right now as I gotta get a specific fertilizer for my yellow leaves,and then restock on excel and flourish AND THEN get my new shrimp tanks equipment AND THEN get a new airpump all of which will cost me about 60-100 bucks.But yeah Now what I got is diatoms still on front glass and on sand but the thing is diatoms have begun to go away and in their place,green algae.The staurogyne and water wisteria has what I think may be bba as it is kinda like just black splotches on the plants.I dunno.I will just get a picture tomorrow as it is hard to explain.

I really like your 5-gallon tank, it is really awesome. Thanks for sharing. If you ever face tank leak problem then pondpro2000 is the best solution I recommend. Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back