5.5 Gallon Nano Update: 2-18-07: End Of The Road

For some reason the blue looks better in person so I"m just leaving it for now, might change it later though soon you won't be able to see it at the rate the plants are growing. Am going to make a bubble counter, but need to get some epoxy glue first. So far just a little of green spot algae and hair algae, nothing bad.

Here's the two week update.

Best picture so far, had to redo it a bit, took out driftwood to raise the ph up a bit and added hornwort to fight algae and put in some more swords to grow larger for my 29 as they grow slow in there.
1_15_07.jpg

excuse the cucumber
1_15_07_2.jpg

swords
1_15_07_swords.jpg

the betta wanted a picture too :rolleyes:
009.jpg

closer of the tank
1_15_07_closer.jpg

new bit of hornwort added, latest algae fighter :sly: :flex: maybe I'll start winning now :hooray:
1_15_07_hornwort.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a fluescent hood for this with a 14w bulb and getting rid of my cp one as it doesn't cover the whole tank as you can see, think this is a good idea :dunno:
1_15_07_light.jpg

Any comments suggestions are welcomed :cool:

thanks for looking :thanks:

Think you could add some more plants, and changing the light to one designed for plants and that covers the whole of the tank would be a good idea, if you can.

Sam

O the light is for plants I think but ya I would like a tube type fixture that would cover the whole tank for more even growth, and so the plants aren't all growing towards the center either t5 or fluerscent, is their a big difference between a t5 and a t9 fixture besides one is more powerful than the other? :dunno:

I think I"m going to get some more plants next weekend when I'm near the store that has lots of plants, the hornwort is new though, only good plant near me -_- nobody else sells many plants.

thanks for taking the time to comment sam, is appreciated a lot :good:

:thanks:

I agree on that point, the fluorescent tube will be better than the power compact. The T5 is more powerful than T8/T12, but it's also a lot more expensive.

Hornwort is a very versatile plant and a nice addition. My betta navigates in it like a maze. Grows like a weed though. Also a light-blocker, so place it over your lower-light plants.

Yup I did that, I'm going to look into the fluescent this weekend. I think I might still try your idea with the moss balls on the ferris wheel this summer when I have more time to shop for the stuff, I"m collecting supplies now.

For now I"m just going to stick with this light fixture until I can get rid of my algae before getting more light, here's some photos as of last weekend 1-27-07, haven't been on too much but will get updated pictures of today hopefully later.

I'v finally gotten hornwort and is growing excellent but under it I'm getting algae on my gravel, should I think out the hornwort a lot to let more light get there and put some plants there so the algae will stop growing? thanks

comments suggestions :good:

thanks for looking

Attachments

• 1_19_17_3.jpg
    1_19_17_3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 1_29_07.jpg
    1_29_07.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
I got a elite hush 5 HOB filter but am probably going to return it as it's is loud and might buy a azoo palm filter. Having a bad algae problem on my gravel so today I'm going to remove it and might buy some amano shrimp on Monday. Plants are growing great and today I'm trying some ghost shrimp to make sure my betta won't attack amano shrimp if I get them. Will be doing a little trimming today so will post pics later. :good:

Here it is this weekend

Looks like it might be the end of the road for it as it's going SW, wish me luck :good:

Attachments

• jungle.jpg
    jungle.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 34

Most reactions

Back