Reaction score
tank size:412 ltrs
lighting:2x54w t5ho
substrate:dustless lightweight cat litter
filtration:eheim 2217, fluval u4 and another unbranded 1000lph internal
co2:19kg(41pounds) co2 cannister
ferts:TPN+ and dry ferts when TPN+ runs out
also:6000lph powerhead

okay so after everything not going to well with algea we decieded we would strip the tank down and start again.

this is what it was like
DSC_0566.JPG

we decieded we give give cat litter a try as substrate as sand is just so hard to keep clean and gives a yellow glow off it
DSC_0579.JPG

we hare getting pressurised co2 in the next few days so didnt but much of a hard scape into it as we want lots of plants which will hopefully arrive today :X
DSC_0581.JPG

we really really want to do everything right this time so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please tell us :nod:

it it turns out anything like the first pic, then it'll look very nice indeed.

I can't even see algae in the old tank!

Good luck with the new one though :p

lol

still waiting on powerhead,co2 and plants..
it was comming back again, also an excuse to redue everything and try get it right this time..
diatoms.........i can deal with
every other algae.......... can die lol

so heres a pic of the plants
DSC_0563.jpg

a good amount but so many differant types

and here they are in
54.jpg

i dont like the look of it at all..there are way to many differant types of plants its all over the place..
but ill leave it be and see what takes off

any comments?

I like it too. I love the jungle scape with a variety of plants. When it grows out it'll look really good.

I like it too. I love the jungle scape with a variety of plants. When it grows out it'll look really good.

thanks.. i guess that makes me feel better about it..its not what i wanted at all but hopefully ill be able to gradualy shape it to the way we want it

I think it looks great, has a sort of river bed feel to it! Would love to see this in a few months time.

I think it looks great, has a sort of river bed feel to it! Would love to see this in a few months time.

thanks, :)
i hope all the plants survive till sometime next week when the regulater for the co2 arrives..
does anyone think it will be a problem?
i should probably cut the photoperiod down to about 3-4 hours

It looks good, you have got alot of plants that are gonna get big, right at the front. I'm sure you'll have a shift around, when this happens. Well done.

It looks good, you have got alot of plants that are gonna get big, right at the front. I'm sure you'll have a shift around, when this happens. Well done.

cheers
yeah theres a few swords at the front..
were just going to leave them as they are for a while to see what does well and what doesn't then we will re-arange it all so a carpeting plant to take over the front

Most reactions

Back