30 Gallon Nano Journal...

Mr.September15

Chuck Norris is the reason why waldo's hiding
Reaction score
Well after a week of waiting, well actually 3 days. I finally added R/O water and some sand substrate 8) . This is the first time I do this Journal thing so heres the pictures. I havent added any Live Rock since the pet store said they will have really nice ones this coming Wednesday.

More Pictures When Live Rock Arrives!

Question:
When I added the salt bubbles started forming around items such as the powerhead, filter, and heater. Is that normal??

-C.N :ninja:

Looking good i bet you can't wait to get the LR in there

Yea i got bubbles around everything as well when i added salt so no worries there :good:

Looking good i bet you can't wait to get the LR in there

Yea i got bubbles around everything as well when i added salt so no worries there :good:

Yeah I cant wait :hyper: . lol, I keep playing around with the bubbling thing on the powerhead. Turning the bubbles on and off. :lol: . So fun.

lol, remember, once there's livestock in the tank (especially corals) dont turn the bubbler on. too many microbubbles can cause embolisms on some organisms and kill them ;)

well, you could damage some of the life so I wouldnt ;)

Awww :-( :-( but its worth letting the bubbles go. I still cant wait till the live rock comes...I wnna check if the LFS beside my school has any Live Rock. Hopefully they do and I can start puttin some in today :D

Well I got more live rock today...Now its at about 15pounds or so of live rock in my tank. Heres some pictures:

:wub: :wub:

Full Tank View:
DSC04590.jpg

L.R 1:
DSC04591.jpg

L.R 2:
DSC04592.jpg

L.R 3:
DSC04593.jpg

After my recent tank crack incident Ive upgraded my nano to a 30gallon tank...Which Im not sure counts as nano but whatever. All my L.R and Fish have been moved into a big tub where I have placed the heater,powerhead,and filter. After I have filled up,aquascaped,and stabalized my new tank It will be ready for my fish. Im hoping to get some more Bio-Spira to help with the process because I want to take them out of the tub ASAP but of couse having some patience with the whole process. Heres a photo of the new tank...Please excuse the condensation in my tank. I just filled up some just to see if the water level is even...

DSC04615.jpg

I also wanted to add...From the picture does the water lvl look even? Or shud I make adjustments. I cant seem to find that long metal thing with the bubbles to see if the tank is even.

Just use a tape measure. But from myh eye it looks shockingly un-balanced! :p How did your tank crack?

Glad it all worked out, will be nice to have such a big tank too :hey:

Are you gonna have corals??? You got T5s?

Mikey

LOL You lost me at corals :p ...I didnt really think of the lighting yet. I just need to make sure it gets stable etc. I still need to buy some more L.R which is going to cost me loads. Plus I dont even have the money at the moment. Which sucks balls. Hopefully I can save my lunch money or somethin... :D

Most reactions

Back