25 gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

littlefishie

I Harth Darth
Reaction score
A friend of mine just picked up his 25 gallon tank, and he wants to plant it. He'll be using pool filter sand as substrate.
Problem is, his hood came with a 20 watt lightbulb. While I'm sure this is enough to illuminate his fish, I can't see any plants [short of Java Fern, maybe] growing in 0.8WPG.
Any suggestions? He has no problem buying the proper plant-lighting tube, but he only has space for one light bulb. How many WPG would he need to grow most plants, like Anacharis, Rotala Indica, Ludwigia/Moneywort, etc.?

2-3 wpg is your best bet, anything above that will prolly be more than enough.

How did you get 50watts???
I have the same problem as your original post. My hood has 1 24inch light, which means I can only get 20 watts to my 29 gallon tank. I would like to have at least 45 watt (1.5 watt per gallon)
PLEASE HELP

I have a 30 gallon tank .. 90 cm / three foot? and could easly fit four 25w of 74cm each in there..

you cant see on the foto to well but the tube is only 74cm long and a commanly sold 30g tank is 90cm long

so two of these on a 25gallon tank is 50 watts oveer 25 gallon at 2wpg

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 55
Yeh, but what do you put them in, my light fixture only holds 1 bulb that is my problem.

you have to buy another starter unit, it is possible to attach one floursecent tube to the other tube with tube holders.

We found a 50 watt bulb that was 24" long at Petland.. no idea how we managed that, but one of my friends there dug it out for us. I think it's a discontinued item. *Shrug.* Just got lucky, I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back