230 Gallon Reef Tank.

Me to lol.
Got the last pieces of rock in and siliconed for now.
image.jpg

This is going to look amazing!! The giant rocks are awesome!

Thanks man. I do hope it turns out cool :)

I'm chipping away at this every evening and last night I got the outflow pipes glued I and set to head out of the stand and Into my back room.
image.jpg

The outflow and inflow pipes exiting the back of my stand.
image.jpg

And the outflow pipes entering the sump room.
image.jpg

After a few more hours of work and a lot of cleaning, gluing and silicone I have the sump tanks almost finished I just need to pipe in the return pump and add in a few baffles to some of the sump tanks and it will be ready to fill up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got the baffles siliconed Into the return sump tank and the pump plumbed in and hooked up.
image.jpg

I also got two of the baffles siliconed into the refugium tank.
image.jpg

Your set up looks like it will be amazing. Great sized tank and a sump room!!!!

What are your stocking plans for the tank?

These are the fish I have so far that I'm researching and considering.
Clownfish-pair
Red scooter blenny-1
Ruby red scooter blenny-pair
Bangia cardinal-pair
Firefish-1
Green chromas-pair
Royal gramma basslet-1
Bicolor Blenny-pair
Lubbocks wrasse-1-3
Yellow tang-1-3
Mandarin goby-1
That list dose not include my clean up crew which I'm still working on deciding about.

RRaquariums said:
Clownfish-pair
Red scooter blenny-1
Bangia cardinal-pair
Firefish-1
Green chromas-pair
Royal gramma basslet-1
Bicolor Blenny-pair
Lubbocks wrasse-1-3
Yellow tang-1-3
Mandarin goby-1
That list dose not include my clean up crew which I'm still working on deciding about.
decent sounding stocklist

Ive got a pair of bangaiis got a male with a mouth full of babies and one baby in my sump from their first spawn in January

a pair of chromis? That wont end well, they tend to bully the weakest until its dead. Horrible little fish!

Best kept in larger groups so the bullying is spread out amongst others.

Brilly91 said:
a pair of chromis? That wont end well, they tend to bully the weakest until its dead. Horrible little fish!

Best kept in larger groups so the bullying is spread out amongst others.
Yes I've done my reading on these troublesome little fish and talked to a lot of people who own them and the general consensus is that if you have a large group 6 or more they tend to form a pecking order and kill the weakest at the bottom and work there way up until there is only one left. Now I could choose to go that rout and just buy new fish once they kill each other off after all they are cheap. But I'd rather not do that because I not only don't believe that to be a responsible way to keep fish plus I'd rather not have fish in my tank constantly fighting and disrupting the reef.
So after a lot more research I came up with the only idea that would allow me to keep them and that was to either buy a mated pair or get some juveniles and pair them up. If even this turns out not to work then I shall scrap the idea of having chromas in my tank.

simonas said:
Clownfish-pair
Red scooter blenny-1
Bangia cardinal-pair
Firefish-1
Green chromas-pair
Royal gramma basslet-1
Bicolor Blenny-pair
Lubbocks wrasse-1-3
Yellow tang-1-3
Mandarin goby-1
decent sounding stocklist

Ive got a pair of bangaiis got a male with a mouth full of babies and one baby in my sump from their first spawn in January
That's really cool!
I want to try breeding several of my fish so I'm going to set up an area in my refugium with a removable baffle that I can put in and make a small place to keep the fry or even a breeding pair of fish if need be.
And after hours of work put into this tank, stand, sump, and everything else to get this going im finaly starting the fill up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm filling it up using my rodi unit so it's going to take a bit but if my calculations are right it and the sump will be completly filled by this Sunday evening :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back