🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pto

Reaction score
Here's my current setup.
2(M/F) German Blue Ram Cichlids
2 Red Claw Crabs
4 Neon Tetras
4 Black Skirt Tetras
and 1 Algea Eater, he's hiding in the pictures though.
My german blue rams arrive wednesday, and then i'm stocked for a while, I might remove one group of fish depending on how things go with the rams.
My Rams are in! here are pics of the male, the female is a bit larger and a lot more flashy, but skiddish at the moment so no pics.

wjw97c.jpg

wcl74m.jpg

wclduw.jpg

wclelv.jpg

wclhfa.jpg

wclhro.jpg

wjwao5.jpg

Opinions and questions welcome. :)

Looking good as far as i can see, however, the middle plant (white & green) is not aquatic and will not survive in your aquarium. Also, you may want to try a black background for looks.

Looking good as far as i can see, however, the middle plant (white & green) is not aquatic and will not survive in your aquarium. Also, you may want to try a black background for looks.
It's fake :), and do you think I should go with black construction paper or a glossy finish?
also, i'm considering getting a new light, the one that I have now isn't very appealing in my opinion, and my tetras are too sensitive to get their food from the surface.
Any reccomendations?

Ah now im embarrassed, it looks like one of those non-aquatic plants that people keep sticking in their tanks. My bad. Regarding the background, I use a black posterboard which has a semi-glass finish and it works well.

How are the crabs doing in your tank? They are very cute; I don't think I've seen any crabs at LFSs near me... besides saltwater, that is. And everything looks great. :)

How are the crabs doing in your tank? They are very cute; I don't think I've seen any crabs at LFSs near me... besides saltwater, that is. And everything looks great. :)
IMO the crabs were the best purchase yet, at my local PetSmart, they're 1.50 each, and they're brilliant.
Right now, one has gotten to the tip of one of my live plants, and they're very bright. When hungry, since my fish usually leave no scraps on the floor, i can reach down with flakes and or shrimp and they'll immediatly take it once it leaves my hand. I would strongly suggest getting one or two crabs for your tank.
They don't interact much(between each other, so I would say one crab is sufficient, although one of my crabs likes to hide and the other doesn't, maybe you'll get lucky.), and it's funny watching them piss off my algea eater :)

Mitch: Haha don't be embarrassed :) I will try your posterboard this week and post a new picture, thanks for the advice :)

LOL fake plant wont survive in aquarium.. I loved that !!

I'm a black skirt fan.. so big ups for them..

and those crabs are awesome, I really want one now!!

I had 2 red claw crabs in my 50 gallon but after a while they climbed out dried up and died. I wouldn't recommend crabs in a community tank because they need to be out of the water at times which is why they constantly look for a way out.

they need to be in a specialized tank or you shorten their life span keeping them constantly submerged.

Or atleast thats what I was told when I had them.

Chances are that the cras will nip at the fish sooner or later, particulary something fairly slow moving that nears near the bottom of the tank.... like Rams.

Chances are that the cras will nip at the fish sooner or later, particulary something fairly slow moving that nears near the bottom of the tank.... like Rams.
He already nipped at my algea eater, but that thing is crazy fast.
Would you advise of ditching my crabs once the rams get here?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back