2 Gallon Shrimp Set Up

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Reaction score
Its a nice little 2 gallon cube that I'm setting up and I am wondering whether to plant it with pygmy chain sword, dwarf hairgrass or something else? Don't say java moss please :)

It's going to have a large moss ball in it too.

I'd use pygmy chain sword!

spreads quickly, can grow in a toilet bowl.... :lol:

my shrimp love it, too....

then you can get something like Eleocharis vivipara for the background... you can crate a solid wall with this stuff! :D

I'd use pygmy chain sword!

spreads quickly, can grow in a toilet bowl.... :lol:

my shrimp love it, too....

then you can get something like Eleocharis vivipara for the background... you can crate a solid wall with this stuff! :D

Grows bigger than dwarf hairgrass. :p If you want something that looks exactly like a lawn when trimmed, and grows even in low lighting (echinodorus tennelus needs a little bit more) then dwarf hairgrass is a real winner.

Ech tennelus is nice though, and is nice planted alongside or in amongst dwarf hairgrass. lol

Ade

oh wow.. 2 gallon cube is 8x8x8 inch. :crazy:

in which case, i'd use dwarf hairgrass, too lol. :good:

oh wow.. 2 gallon cube is 8x8x8 inch. :crazy:

in which case, i'd use dwarf hairgrass, too lol. :good:

Yep its 8 x 8 x 8 so I don't want it over run. It has a flat piece of slate in the centre and sand mix around the edges where I want to grow the plants and have the moss ball somewhere in the middle to give them a mixture of textures and places to go. I wanted 5 female cherries, I don't want any breeding going on. I want CRS but I dunno if they are sexable?

Most reactions

Back