2 1/2 Gallon Nano?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

IrishPunk4748

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to have a 2 1/2 gallon nano reef? If so what what would you suggest stocking it with? Thank you very much for any help given.

i don't think it would be considered Nano, probably called a Pico Reef.

I wouldn't stock it with anything besides corals(provided you have good ebough lighting) and shrimp/snails.

HTH

DD

I've heard of Snails and small crabs, but no fish.

How do you pronounce Pico? Piko? Or Piseo?

Hmmm....I say PIE-KO....and..yes...2.5 gallons is a pico reef. Some hermits and a shrimp maybe. Gambling with fish. SH

No.No.No! to fish in a 2.5. You could have a couple of snails and hermit crabs, or maybe a cleaner shrimp instead of crabs. Just remember, you will need to do weekly waterchanges and have compact T5 lighting fitted over the top of the tank.

ONLY stock the tank with soft polyps and mushrooms, anything else will get far too big or will simply die in your tank.

Do ALOT of research, don't just dive into it otherwise you will fail. nanoreefs.com has a pico section on its forum which can provide more info but make sure you ask plenty of questions whether its here or anywhere else.

Ben

i may be wrong on this but would a clown gobby which grows 1.5 inches or a neon gobby which grows to 2 inches work?

..comes down to being a 'conscientious marine aquarist'. I wouldn't put a fish in, but, if you wish to go the other route, the smallest is a single neon goby. But...I still recommend against it. SH

Why would anyone want to shoehorn a fish into such a cramped space - Yes a 2 1/2 g JAR may be OK, but then so would me staying in a box, I just wouldn't have a great quality of life.

IMO this is a defo NO, the minimun I would have any fish in is 10 - 15 UKg & IMO these tank are best suited to experienced reefers

I agree with steel. If you want to keep fish, spend the few extra dollars and get a standard ten gallon aquarium from walmart. IMO that is easier anyways, because it is a standard size and you can buy standard things for them to run with (I.E. upgraded lighting hood, cover for tank, bags of argonite, LR, etc). And you can keep two or possibly three small fish in there. Think about it.

Most reactions

Back