180 Gallon Tank

The L025, not sure if hes getting enough food though, hes seems like he needs much more than he eats.

The alpha geophagus red head tapajos, i really miss all my winemilleri though.

The alpha geophagus jurupari, really quite the stunner.

The polypterus teugelsi are doing really well in the 180, one of my dels jumped out, no clue how there was only a 1" whole.

A little bit of an update, Ive been treating the tank for about a month now with dimilin, and it looks like it killed off all the lice, im going to treat once more in a month from now to be on the safe side. All the bichirs are doing good for now, theres a little bit of aggression sometimes with nipping but its not a problem because the tank is big enough for the fish to get away. Im going to do a WC today of about 50% the fish will probably appreciate it because i havent been able to do a WC while treating the tank, and im getting a little bit of algae! I havent had algae in years haha, and the wood has yet to stop seeping tannins and making my tank black. The gars are good but the normal looking one only eats live feeders so that kind of sucks, and my nandus nandus still will only eat meal worms haha. Well i think thats it for now!

Some updates, sold a few of my fish but still got a lot haha, including 4 more winemilleri as well.

Heres the fish i sold.

And lastly not the cutest photo but a nerite snail crawled on his back and he couldnt get it off 
rofl.gif

O almost forgot, a feeding video in the 180, shrimp dinner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1UrmSn4-ZI&feature=youtu.be

Should get some photos of my mbu in here! Hes getting so big so quick haha

Guess I should do an update on this tank by now. 4 new additions today, and gave away my 3 angels for free because they were starting to annoy me, but theyre gone now.

I got 2 Show Size Red Spot Severums from Segrest Farms, along with an Xlg Fire Eel, and a Razorback Musk Turtle, enjoying all of them. The severums are amazing and the size of my hand, really loving them. And still trying to rehome my 5 polypterus teugelsi but o well just gotta wait for someone interested. 

So heres some photos, and and Mizu my pufferfish is in these too.

Rawr

Two new green phantom plecos were added, I got em for a steal only 20$ each for 5-6" specimens which are normally about 60$.

No pics of them yet but one of the plecos already has some really long whiskers its so cute.

Love the tank.your setup makes me a little jealous and them far look like they are getting pretty chubby lol, I've thought of catching a young gar or two being they are native in the rivers around my place and there are tons of tiny short nose and long nose gar in the shallows during spring. Good luck on the tank

Just spotted this !! :) Brief look looks like a good read with some great fish but just out so will have a nose later :)

Interesting thread I enjoyed that. We definately have similar interests in fish!!

Those freshwater morays? What type are they? Gymnothorax ...?

I love the gars one of my favourite fish. Do you still have them and have they grown on a fair bit. Are they taking pellets yet?

The L25 is a stunner do you still have him? I want another. They are much nicer than the L24 that I currently have. Your L114 was really nice too do you still have him?

Thanks! 

The freshwater morays are called Gmynothorax Polyurandon, beautiful fish.

I still have one of the gars, had four but one got eaten by my eels, two jumped out... The last one eats cut up shrimp though.

I still have the L25, as well as L114, L095, LDA007, and L200 and some other pleco that i dont remember the L number of haha. I also love the L25s a lot more than the L24, they are just to dull for me -.- but yea still have those fish 

No photos yet, but just a little update.

I have 2 new eletric blue acara, plan on getting 2-6 more haha, beautiful fish. Also got some HY511 tetras but those are in my 75 gallon so a bit unrelated

Ive been trying to get rid of all my predators, ive sold 3 of my polypterus, just need to sell the last three and the gar. I cant go too small with my fish because even my geophagus will eat them, or maybe even my mbu puffer fish. 
whistling.gif

Not sure what im going to do with my turtle though, i think im going to rehome him but not 100% sure yet.

Why sell your preds? You have lovely fish stocking too shame to see them go. 
I'm moving house this summer hopefully to one with a double garage so have a plan for a big tank again.

Ive just grown on fond of em, they hide all the time and really arent all that interesting, also prevent me from having some of the fish i want to have. So my plan is to get rid of all my predators and have a lot more smaller fish. I honestly just want to have a much more vibrant tank now. One with my giant red seveums, pearl gouramis, electric blue acara, red head geos, (trying to also sell my winemilleri and jurupari unfortunately), and my plecos, and maybe some tetras if they survive. I wont be getting rid of my two eels though, but they are scared of someone in my tank because they never come out anymore unfortunately. Im just trying to ween over to a more peaceful tank with smaller fish, maybe even corydoras.

Most reactions

Back