16 Year Old Adam's 300 Gallon Display Tank...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Looking superb, im not jealous...honest :unsure:

How much LR are you planning to use?
Whats the next steps?

Theres going to be a lot more L/R, not decided on a final qty yet, but will probably be somewhere in the region of 100-150kgs.

Don't be jelous folks :p

Adam

Its a bit hard not to be hehe. Whats next then? And where are you purchasing your LR from, lfs or other reefers?

Haha, i understand!

Fish are hopefully going to be transferred over asap... (don't want to rush this step obviously)

Ive got a lot more l/r from the old 6 X 2 X 2 in a big water butt, so that can go in next. If i need more after this, i will need to source it from local reefers breaking down their systems.

Thanks again for the compliments! Adam

Hey Folks, update:

Updated pics (only coz Chris - Maths Lecturer gave us an early dart - legend haha)

Anyways, here we go:

Group Shot:
Tang1.jpg

YT and Regal:
Tang2.jpg

Lippy :p :
tang3.jpg

FTS
Tang4FTS.jpg

Don't worry, the scape on the right hand side isn't final, just need to scape it as it got put in late last night when the fish went in...

Thanks, Adam

Rather a lot of fish for a first stocking... I hope you pulled that rock and the fish from an existing set-up of yours :unsure: They are all nice, healthy looking, fish though :nod:

I take it your plumbing is one restricted standpipe, one unrestricted standpipe and an emergency standpipe? What kind of flow are you pushing thought them, and what diameter pipes are they?

All the best
Rabbut

Yep, rock was all cured from exising setup (fish were kept in a big vat with all the L/R so there was no die off.

Don't worry i know what i'm doing hehe. Thanks for the compliment mate.

Its the 'twin standpipe' method. (4 drains in total) all 40mm.

Theres 4500l/h going through each return pump so probably about 8000l/h going down the weirs...

Ah, that makes sense :nod: I figured you would know what you were doing, very few people would throw that kind of money at first fish and still listen to people on a forum when they didn't know what they were doing ;) :p

All the best
Rabbut

what fish have you still to put in the tank now

just the sohal tang left now isnt it ?
regards scott

S.G. 1.025 - D-D Refractometer
Phosphate 0.14mg/l P D-D Rowa high precison test (need to reduce, i know)
Nitrate 5ppm Salifert
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Mg - 1230ppm Salifert (intend to buffer to 1350)
Ca - 400ppm Salifert (intend to buffer to 440)
KH - 9.3dKH Salifert (is this okey?)

So, i intend to buffer the mag and cal.

what is this business you have!!!! im 15 and can't wait to get a job so i can start a proper big tank like yourself (but smaller!) ive put my name down at maidenhead hear me any other job ideas for a 15 year old???

what is this business you have!!!! im 15 and can't wait to get a job so i can start a proper big tank like yourself (but smaller!) ive put my name down at maidenhead hear me any other job ideas for a 15 year old???
just get your CV printed off and hand it in to places that interest you

Thought that i would update this thread now that i have finally got my remaining fish back :)

Managed to get a final scape which i am pretty happy with:

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

And my preventative measures:

Aqua Digital Ozone generator and controller (cant believe how clear the water is since using this!!)

3-1.jpg

110w TMC Ultraviolet unit:

5.jpg

And my new temp controller:

4.jpg

Most reactions

Back