16 Litre - Dwarf Puffers?

I'm off to buy my puffer now :hyper:

I am so excited!!! :D

:hyper: Have you got it? Have you? Have you? :hyper:

They'd run out :-(
They're getting some more in on Tuesday :X
I reserved one though, so they'll save me one for next weekend! -_-

skinny ones might not be eating well, or might have internal parasites or something. :good:

also, make sure the fish guy doesnt take the puffer out the water. :D

Yeah, it's a good shop (featured in PFK and got an excellent review, hence why I shop there!) so they shouldn't be too stupid about the puffers.. I hope :rolleyes:

[quote name=''genesis' post='2042257' date='Jun 22 2008, 12:19 PM']Yeah, it's a good shop (featured in PFK and got an excellent review, hence why I shop there!) so they shouldn't be too stupid about the puffers.. I hope :rolleyes:[/quote]

cool :D

i want a good lfs :angry:

Ah what a shame they'd run out!

The fat puffer tip is a good one! I'd also get some Wormer Plus meds from Plymouth Discus (they have an online shop) if I were you. I use this to keep my puffers free of internal parasites (IPs)...virtually all dwarf puffs I've seen at LFS have had IPs...it'll be good to dose up your puff when you get it home as a preventative measure. Just make sure you don't have any snails in the tank first as it'll kill them off.

Roll on next weekend eh? :D

Ah what a shame they'd run out!

The fat puffer tip is a good one! I'd also get some Wormer Plus meds from Plymouth Discus (they have an online shop) if I were you. I use this to keep my puffers free of internal parasites (IPs)...virtually all dwarf puffs I've seen at LFS have had IPs...it'll be good to dose up your puff when you get it home as a preventative measure. Just make sure you don't have any snails in the tank first as it'll kill them off.

Roll on next weekend eh? :D

Thanks for the worming advice!

I think I'll introduce my puffer to the tank, let him eat all the snails then add the 'Wormer Plus' :)

I've been lucky that I haven't had to de-worm my DPs and I've had my original trio for 2½ years now. The DPs that I see at my LFS always seem plump and healthy enough. Not sure if they are wild caught or tank bred.

Anyway, good luck :D

When I first got mine, I lost one to IPs sadly. I'd called it Skinny and can't help thinking had the meds turned up sooner, I might still have it :(

I have only dosed them twice (once when I got them and then 6 months ago as a precaution). They are all so fat and round, there's no chance they have IPs now :lol:

Most reactions

Back