🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

He's probably just adjusting to the new home. Keep an eye on him. Oto's can be tough to keep sometimes. SH

Mine swim crazy alot. Is there going to be a weather change/or is it raining in your area. Sometimes that sets them off. Also what size tank is it? Mine like to hand out together. Maybe he is looking for his buddies.

He's probably just adjusting to the new home. Keep an eye on him. Oto's can be tough to keep sometimes. SH
This sounds bad but the best place to buy otos around my area is WallMart! These guys come out of that store bullet proff! I just look for the bigger round tummy ones and have no problems with them.

Hopefully it's hardy enough to live in my tank. Don't want to be Fishkiller_again haha !

i'm sure that they ill do fine and you won't kill them :D . just add 3 ottos and watch for ammonia spikes and treat that properly. leave them as the only fish until the levels stabelize then add like 1-2 fish and repeat. ottos are really nice algae eaters (being that that is the only thing i know them to eat), but they are one of those fish that don't have much of a middle ground. in most cases either they dir off suddenly or they prosper.

good luck with them.

also i have a question... i kno that ottos are algae eaters... well what if they just sit at the bottom all day. mine did that yesterday and occasionally scraped a few larger peices of sand and the rocks on the bottom? he is swimming around today and feeding on his usual spots. i know they can be sensitive and don't want him to die. he is one of my favorite fish!

i think it was because the tank is running out of algae, but it is just one right now. how could one otto go through a month's worth of algae in like a week? could he just be lonely? i am planning on getting him/her a couple of buddies when my funds are back and move around some fish (between my 2 tanks) to make more room in that tank.

this tank doesn't have a whole lot of plants in it... could it be from that?

right now he is less than 1" long. maybe more like 0.5" or 0.75" so he isn't really big.

Most reactions

Back