~100l / 26 gal Asian theme

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Morrgan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my ~100l / 26 gal US planted community. It's hardly a biotope, but I suppose it can be said it has an Asian theme.

- 12 harlequin rasboras
- 5 kuhlii loaches (most likely Pangio myersi)
- 2 honey gouramis
- 4 sparkling gouramis

First an overview of the tank. It's not quite all of it, but the pics that had the whole tank turned out crap. ;)
2004-12-05_Aboakvariet.jpg

Here's a few harlequins saying hello!
2004-10-11_hello.jpg

The female honey gourami Cleo and a kuhli loach.
2004-12-05_cleo_and_uaua.jpg

Another kuhli loach.
2004-12-05_miss_perfect.jpg

Well, well, even more kuhli loaches!
2004-09-23_kuhli_dinnertime.jpg

And finally Speedo, the male honey gourami, wondering what on earth I'm doing. Usually he's a lot darker than this, but I guess the flash did silly things to his colors.
2004.11.21-Speedo.jpg

Great tank! And your plants look like they're doing well. :) Good shot of your khuli loaches, what is it they're fighting over in that 2nd last pic? Nice piece of driftwood as well, can we see some tank shots? They ALL can't be THAT bad, can they. :lol:

Thanks all! :D

Discomafia said:
Good shot of your khuli loaches, what is it they're fighting over in that 2nd last pic? Nice piece of driftwood as well, can we see some tank shots? They ALL can't be THAT bad, can they. :lol:
The kuhlis are fighting over a piece of Sera Vipachips chip or wafer, they love it. I'll see what I can do about the whole tank shots, they are _pretty_ bad. ;) Might try to take some new ones later!

Wow tank of the month!

Nice theme, healthy plants and a great natural look. :clap:

Really like it,

I wish I had use sand for all my aquariums, looks alot better than gravel

I'm not sure if it'll work with sand-- but I think you might try a hair grass carpet (eleocharis sp.). It'll be the high light foreground plant, and go really well with your asian theme. :)

Anyway great looking tank-- the plants and fish both look like their doing great. :D

Well, you asked for it. ;) A fuzzy, dark picture of the whole box-shaped jungle. Can't wait for a better camera.
2004-12-11-akva.jpg

Thank you very much for the comments, all!

tear-scar, thanks for the suggestion. :) I'd like to try the hair grass, but haven't seen it anywhere in shops here.

I've recently thinned out my own, and am trying to stock up for a new tank I'm doing-- however, in a month I hope the stuff will have grown back in. If you don't find any on your own by late Jan/Early Feb, PM me and I might have enough to send some your way. :)

Hey, thanks tear-scar! I'm not sure how the sending would work, but thanks for the offer. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back