100 Ukg Malawi Madness!

any updated pics on this tank mate?

lent my camera to my mate for his holiday , il do some up to date shots in a few days when i get it back mate .

thought id update the journal . the male sp. 44's have reversed pecking order the bigger 1 is now dominant over the smaller 1 , several spawnings but still to get a female hold full term .

a few pics , not the easiest fish to get decent shots of as they are so hyper!!
male jacobfreibergi
Picture002-2.jpg

yellow lab
Picture004-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

sp. 44 male
Picture017.jpg

male malauna
Picture009.jpg

thats all i could get for now untl my patience ran out . il add the rest as and when i can get them to stay still long enough

Great pics again Mark :good:

Sorry to hear the haps still haven`t got the hang of holding full term. My male haps are trying their hardest and flirting non stop, one of the females held for a couple of days but nothing since.
Managed to net 4 fry from the neon spots this morning so they`re now with 14 Jacob fry that are in a 35L temporarily. Just as well MA have said they`re very happy to take the fry once they`re big enough IF I can`t sell them privately and because the fish are line bred they`ll pay more too :good: :good:

Red top female is holding at the mo along with another neon spot female and Jacob female......I`m gonna get over run with fry soon :look:

cheers lisa , sounds like yours are doing great , nice to be able to recoup some of the costs too :good: i think next time i get a holding female i may well seperate her to my empty 30g and see if i can get some fry from her .

thanks kiriyama the sp.44s look much more colourful when the males are in full display mode , only trouble is its so hard to get a shot of it because when they are displaying etc they are going at it like mad things at 100 mph ! but its literally just like flipping a switch . its really quite something to watch . i may try and video it , that might yeild better results .

just been looking through tonys stock list , im hoping to add some more in the next few weeks now im working again

:huh: i somehow missed the fact that there were 4 other pages to this post and mine seems so irellevent and slow now LOL

Never Mind

unfortunately due to a house move this coming weekend the tank has to be temporarily broken down and stored . the fish have been found a good home with a member of tff and malawi madness will be back up and running in the near future with a new revamped look . ive really enjoyed these fish and its a pity to sell them but it will deffinately be malawis again when the tank is back i just love em

So youddefinately recommend these then Mark?
Any pics for my pleasure ha before you break it down?

yeah i love em mate , they make a wonderfull display/show tank . the most recent pics ive done are here

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/364946-a-few-then-and-now-pics/

as for tank shots all the rocks are out at the moment and the fella buying my fish is on his way

a few shots of some of the new inmates , already posted these in the phoyo forum but im adding them here to keep the journal up to date and also to serve as a direct comparison as they grow and develop . still not showing anywhere near their mature colours but showing some good potential .

pseudotropheus elongatus mpanga
IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

cynotilsapia afra jalo reef
IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

20/8/2011 update

a better pic of the male mpanga
IMG_9580.jpg

also 4 f1 melanochromis brevis and a trio of metriaclima aurora pombo rocks were added pics to follow once settled .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back