1,2,3......1000?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ryan

Spinning around
Reaction score
how many fully grown angels could i hav in a 50g tank, ofcourse i will buy them young and grow on but i want to know how many will fit when fully grown so i hav enough room :nod:

I wouldnt place more than 4 adult angels (2 pairs) into a 50g, if you wanted you could keep up to 8 juvies but would have to take 4 back once the first two pairs have been formed.

Hi, I have a 47 UG with two angels, I wouldnt consider more than one or two more. I think a tank looks more healthy with two to three large fish and some smaller interesting fish, rather than lots of large fish crammed in. I keep mine with Apistogramma, tetras and a few catfish and all get along fine. If you want small angels, 5 or 6 would be a good number and then allow them to pair off, you could be lucky and get two pairs or just one would be good, you could then trade in the others for rams, apistogramma etc which are colourful and full of character. Angelfish will fight among themselves as they get older so a mated pair is the perfect solution.

Ken

If Angels fight when they get older what would you do if you don't have store to trade them back to? Could you just get one angelfish? Or do they need companionship?

Most reactions

trending

Back