Zebra Danio Fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dalethewhale

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My zebra danio keep spawning but so far i have lost all the fry :( The first time i was very new to fish keeping, this time i moved them from a breeding trap to a 3 gallon tank, however being an idiot i never checked the temp on the heater with a real thermometer and it was a few degrees below my tank water and the all died.
Can anyone give me some tips on rearing them?
I usually find around 20-30 fry when doing water changes, they're tiny and i had to put some tights over the breeding net to stop them escaping!
Should i now put any i find straight into the 3 gallon tank? and i have gravel in there at them moment, should i have bare-bottom?

Thanks in advance :)

It's much easier to let the adults breed in a rearing tank, so all you have to do is remove the adults after they spawn.

It's much easier to let the adults breed in a rearing tank, so all you have to do is remove the adults after they spawn.

How do i know when to? i could guess from how fat they are but i wouldn't want to put one in the 3 gallon tank for any longer than i need to

Yeah a 3 gallon isn't much room for three breeding danios. Another approach could be transfering the fry from the main tank to the 3 gallon, but what I would do is right before you do that, fill the 3g with the main tanks water. Then you can use a air line hose to siphon the fry from one tank to another.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back