Zebra Blenny

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
Any idea on these? All I'm aware of are that they have basic goby requirements, but are a little territorial. frozen or live foods only I guess?

Would they be suitable for a system containing a moray eel, sleeper goby, trio of monos, an archerfish adn a small silver dat? I go between 1.005 and 1.010 on salinity. I have a feeling these are nearer 1.005 than above.

http://tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/stores_pro...66&prod=891

Thanks for any knowledge shared!

Rather expensive feeders you plan to be using there!! They only grow to a few inches at best and basicly any one of your fish could eat them.

Very territorial is more how i would describe them, i had 3 in a 30g tank and the largest one killed the other two off within a couple of weeks, the remaining one was easy to feed though and thrived in low brackish water until i gave it away with all my other small brackish fish as i needed the tank for something else.

Rather expensive feeders you plan to be using there!! They only grow to a few inches at best and basicly any one of your fish could eat them.

Very territorial is more how i would describe them, i had 3 in a 30g tank and the largest one killed the other two off within a couple of weeks, the remaining one was easy to feed though and thrived in low brackish water until i gave it away with all my other small brackish fish as i needed the tank for something else.

Ahh, didn't niotice how small they remain. I'll save them for a rainy day then when i've got a bigger tank arranged.

Zebra Blennies are probably pretty easy. I raised a Striped Blenny that was about 2.5 cm when i got it. Used to enjoy knocking the stuffing out of my Monos. They were big Sebaes. It grew to about 9 cm. It lived with my moray without any problems for about eight months. It actualy got atacked by one of my snails which i later identified as a Stearn's Cone Snail...(dont tell my mom...) That was really tragic. I think a lot of blennies are actually to agressive for morays. Blennies evict morays and beat em up. I also kept a much smaller Highfin Blenny (Lupinoblennius nicholsi) and my moray ate it. Highfin Blennies are probably pretty similar in compatiblity to Zebra Blennies because they are the same size. Zebra Blennies would not me compatible for you sorry.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back