Your Ideas On Stocking

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

MEePStER

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi! im getting an new 55 gallon tank with in the next week ans i was wondering what you guys think i should stock it with.

i was thinking something along the lines of cichlids but i don't want agressive fish, but i know i want kribs if their is anything that is colourful and is a moderate size (around 2-4 inches i want to keep this tank full of larger fish) that would be great! and ideas help!

Guess I'll start listing? :huh:
Rams
Pearl Gouramis
Congo Tetras
Emperor Tetras
Tiger Barbs
Red Tailed Shark (5-6", though)
Many cories
Some loaches
Roseline Shark (6")
Giant Danio
Bosemani Rainbowfish
Leaf Fish
African Butterfly Fish
Kuhlie Loaches
and more
(now I sound like a commercial) :lol:
Remember, though, not all of these species will live together...
Oh, and welcome to the forum! :good:

ok thanks, can kribs and a red tailed shark live together along with pearl gouramis, bosemani rainbow fish, and bolivian rams live together? if so thats what i might get! and thanks for the welcome!

I doubt the Pearl Gourami would be happy because they are rather calm fish. I don't know much about kribs, but I think the rest will be okay. The only thing you'll want to be careful of is bolivian rams + RTS. The RTS may decide he doesn't like the rams. If you really wanted both, though, I think if you got the rams first, and waited until they were full grown before getting a small RTS then you would have a better chance. Also, arranging the tank decor so that there was a variety of 'territories' might be good too. I'm not sure aobut this, but I think Bosemani RAinbowfish need different conditions that the rest, I think they like acidic conditions, but I'm not totally sure.

Most reactions

Back