DF - Young
MD - Lampard
MD - Gerrard
MD - Beckham
MD - Smith
FW - Rooney
FW - Defoe

SUBS - C Kirkland, G Neville, S Campbell, J Cole, S Wright-Phillips, M Owen

Formation --- 4-4-2 Flat (Not the bloody Diamond formation!)

GK - Paul Robinson
LB - Ashley Cole
RB - Gary Neville
CB - John Terry
CB - Jamie Carragher
RM - David Beckham
LM - Joe Cole
CM - Steven Gerrard
CM - Frank Lampard
ST - Wayne Rooney
ST - Michael Owen

Subs - Chris Kirkland, Rio Ferdinand, Scott Parker, Shaun Wright Phillips, Jermaine Defoe

You have a few players there capable of playing in multiple positions, Neville can play CB if needed and if really desperate RM, Carra can play anywhere in the back, Beckham can play CM, Gerrard can do RM or RB or just off the striker, Joe Cole can play CM or off the striker, Rooney can play RM. Rio can play CB or CM, Parker can play holding CM or I think RB, wright phillips can play RM, or off the striker.

They are IMHO the best we have IF they are on their games.

I rate Terry and Carra above Rio and Cambell because they both just want to defend, they will get hurt to stop goals, Rio is to concerned with trying to "play" instead of stop goals and makes some bad mistakes.

I'd even be tempted to go 4-5-1 with
GK - Paul Robinson
LB - Ashley Cole
RB - Gary Neville
CB - John Terry
CB - Jamie Carragher
RM - David Beckham
LM - Joe Cole
CM - Steven Gerrard (licence to go forward)
CM - Frank Lampard (licence to go forward)
CM - Scott Parker (holding)
ST - Wayne Rooney

Subs - Chris Kirkland, Rio Ferdinand, Shaun Wright Phillips, Michael Owen, Jermain Defoe

As this allows both Gerrard AND Lampard to get forward with Parker protecting the back line and both are devastating when going forward for their clubs, but Gerrard has either Sissoko or Hamman behind him and Lampard has Makalele or Essien behind him for England they have to cover each other, which both can do, but then neither is playing to their best ability. Rooney is capable of holding the ball up on his own and bringing others into play.

Either way, with that team, we should be able to beat everyone.

Arfie

GK - Paul Robinson
LB - Wayne Bridge
RB - Carragher
CB - John Terry
CB - ledley king
RM - David Beckham
LM - Stewart Downing
CM - Steven Gerrard (licence to go forward)
CM - Frank Lampard (licence to go forward)
ST - Micheal owen
ST - Wayne Rooney

Subs - Chris Kirkland, Anton ferdinand, joe cole, James Morrison, Emile heskey

Yeah - I think everyone can agree that Frank and Steven need to be alot to roam forward - after all, it will be stupid if they didn't!

Anything is good providing they don't play Gerrard on the right (I think he is poor there - much better in the centre)

After seeing the recent pile of XXXXthey've put out, I'm changing mine slightly to:

GK - Robinson (Still the best English keeper out there)
RB - Neville (Micah Richards)
LB - Cole (Bridge)
CB - Terry (Ferdinand)
CB - Carragher (Woodgate)
LM - Joe Cole (Downing)
RM - Lennon (Wright Philips or Pennant)
CM - Gerrard (Lampard)
CM - Hargreaves (Parker or Carrick)
ST - Rooney (Crouch or Johnson)
ST - Owen (Defoe)

I know a few of those are injured right now, but when fit, that seems to be the best for me. The defence should be solid, the midfield has creativity, width, pace and defensive ability and up front we can have pace, strength, height or whatever else suits.

I am now convinced that Gerrard and Lampard are both great players but like chocolate and cheese, they just do not go well together :rolleyes: I think you play one or the other in the attacking midfield role and drop the other, if Lampard is better than Gerrard, play him, if not drop him, but DO NOT push Gerrard out wide to accomodate them both.

I'd also change the management as I always feared that McLaren wasn't good enough and he's already spouting the same drivel and despite having the nadgers to drop Beckham, he's still making the same mistake of playing out of form star players or playing in form players out of position. I thought Gerrard on the wing was bad enough, but shoving Andy Johnson out there is just madness.

I just want to see, the best players playing in their best position, so if you are the best right winger, you play on the right wing, you don't make way for a central midfield superstar to take your place. If you are the best central midfielder, you play central midfield, if not, you warm the bench or stay at home.

Arfie

I would field the Pussy Cat Dolls, Girls aloud (apart from the minger) Denise Van Outen and a couple of others.. So they can't play football, i dont care, the result would often be the same and would defo keep my "interest" up..

Squid

My ideal line-up would be:

GK - Paul Robinson
LB - Ashley Cole
RB - Gary Neville
CB - John Terry
CB - Jamie Carragher
RM - Aaron Lennon
LM - Joe Cole
CM - Steven Gerrard
CM - Frank Lampard
ST - Wayne Rooney
ST - Peter Crouch

Obviously you can't play this team in all away games, maybe replacing Crouch with a holding midfielder such as King or Carrick. Although Carrick has done little to prove to me he's international class yet. Owen Hargreaves when fit can play that role and certainly has the workrate. I'd also still have Beckham in the squad simply for his experience and ability. :)

My ideal line-up would be:

GK - Paul Robinson
LB - Ashley Cole
RB - Gary Neville
CB - John Terry
CB - Jamie Carragher
RM - Aaron Lennon
LM - Joe Cole
CM - Steven Gerrard
CM - Frank Lampard
ST - Wayne Rooney
ST - Peter Crouch

Obviously you can't play this team in all away games, maybe replacing Crouch with a holding midfielder such as King or Carrick. Although Carrick has done little to prove to me he's international class yet. Owen Hargreaves when fit can play that role and certainly has the workrate. I'd also still have Beckham in the squad simply for his experience and ability. :)

Sorry did not no went wrong there.

well what a sorry sight the world cup was and to be honest since!

my Team Now.

ROBINSON
NEVILLE
COLE
TERRY
FERDINAND
GERRARD
DOWNING
HARGREAVES
BECKHAM
ROONEY
CROUCH.

iT AMAZES ME THAT THE ONLY THING WE HAD A POSITIVE OUT OF THE WORLD CUP WAS HARGREAVES AND BECKAM-CROUCH PARTNERSHIP.

TO NOT EVEN HAVE BECKHAM AS AN OPTION ON THE SUBS BENCH IS JUST PLAIN STUPID.
AND I THINK ALREADY ITS PROVED THAT SINCE THE WORLD CUP IT ALREADY HAS.
EITHER PUT CROUCH IN WITH BECKAM OR LEAVE BOTH OUT AND RUN THE LINE WITH JOHNSON OR OWEN AND PUT IN CARRICK.

THIS ENGLAND MANAGER I THINK IS THE WORSE ONE YET.OK ITS EASY TO LABEL HIM THAT ON HIS RESULTS BUT HE PLAYS TO PREDICTABLE.
BUT I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS GUY!

DAVE.......PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR GAME :hyper:

George Best, erm... Oh, he's Irish. Oh, and unfortunately he's not alive anymore. That's us f'd then.

Any line up will do AS LONG AS THEY PLAY AS A TEAM.
Something we've been unable to create since the 70's.
The squad is now full of overpaid self interested Primadonas.
Oh, & the new England Manager has the charisma of an ant.

The sooner we stop playing the long ball the bloody better as well.
Keep the damn ball on the ground, concentrate on a passing game AS A TEAM, and keep possession - can't score goals if the other team has the ball!

~Andy~

GK - Mr Magoo (for obvious reasons)
RB - Goofy
LB - Bugs Bunny
CB - Homer Simpson
CB - Elmer Fudd (because he would spend his time trying to shoot bugs bunny)
LM - spongebob square pants
RM - donkey (from shrek)
CM - Captain Planet
CM - Junior (The fat one from fraggle rock)
ST - Shrek (oops he is already in the team)
ST - Hoggle (The dwarf from the labarynth)

There's my choice, all top class world players and no doubt will do a better job than the current team lol.

:lol: Sadly with the obvious exceptions of shrek and donkey (now at Wigan) the rest are ineligable for England having played for Scotland for so long :p

heskey_rooney.jpeg

The current crop are better compared to Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie or the entire clutch of big brother nomarks, all famous for being famous rather than for doing anything useful and getting paid far too much money for doing nothing :angry:

Arfie

Most reactions

Back