Yellow Tank With Red Spots ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

magnum629c

Reaction score
my yellow tank looks bad he rubs on the rocks all day long but its not white like ick. he keeps going over to the skunk for help what is this? is it hard to fix? oh my salt is at around.0019 to .0020 :*)

.0019-.0020 or .019-.020? I'm sure you meant the latter. how big is your tank and what else do you have in there?

you keep saying tank and i have no idea wut a yellow tank is, i assume you mean tang, but you know what they say about assuming....what kind of clowns do you have? if you have a female maroon clown that's bigger than it, she could be harassing it causing it to be stressed and maybe get sick. do you have any pics of the red spots?

my yellow tang is in there with 2 small clowns not sure what kind they are. they all get along great

i'm outta ideas then lol...i thought maybe it wuz just started and not fully cycled. did you add any new LR recently that might not have been cured? Have you had an ammonia spike?

sounds like parasites of some kind. try a stress coat or an ick treatment that says for stress and new tank mates too.
-erik

Sound's like ick to me, or some other kind of parasite! I had a Scopas Tang (looks exactly the same but a different colour) with ick & i put it in a quarantine tank and cured it with cuprazin. Tangs i think are quite strong at fighting parasites so hopefully it should pull through!! Good luck!! :thumbs:

Sound's like ick to me, or some other kind of parasite! I had a Scopas Tang (looks exactly the same but a different colour) with ick & i put it in a quarantine tank and cured it with cuprazin. Tangs i think are quite strong at fighting parasites so hopefully it should pull through!! Good luck!! :thumbs:
thanks for the help ! the water has been dead on. Can the red spots be ick ? and its turning red from him rubbing on the rocks ?

Is the water quality good eg, ph-level, sg-level, ammonia, nitrate?
and what food are you feeding it? The fish could just be stressed.

Let me know how you get on... Good Luck! :thumbs:

Its almost certainly a parasetic problem and this means the fishes natural defenses are low. This is usually because the fish is stressed. You can cure the ich of course but this doesnt mean the fish suddenly stops being stressed. Deal with the cause of the stress and the fish should recover. NOw we hve hte problem.. what is the stress? I would put it down to 2 things.. possible lack of rock and thus no territory making it feel safe and 2ndly the size of tank... 100 gallons minimum for a tang as they need huge amounts of swimming room.

I may sound a bit of an idiot but did you research on marine fish before you got them?!

I was wondering the same thing Animation.

If you to find out that you need to treat for ich, use Cupramine. I think someone said Cuprazine earlier and I dont think there is a product by this name, so they probably meant Cupramine. Remember that you need a copper test kit to measure the copper level every day. If it gets too low, it wont work, if it gets too high, it can be harmful to the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back