yellow leaves

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jimbooo

James flexton
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

i have a Juwel Rekord 60 tank (around 10 gallons) with community fish and 6 plants. not sure of specific names, one is a Java Fern another is a tall reed type thing another is a Sword plant (big flat meaty leaves) and no idea about the others. all are pretty basic, nothing too challenging.

the tank is well established at least 8 months old however recently i have noticed the leaves on ALL the plants have taken on a yellow tinge. none of the deep rich Green colors which were present a few months ago.

i treat with Florapride every month or so however it doesn't seem to agree with my columbian shark so am not too keen on using it more often. i have recently upgraded my air pump and airstone but still nothing that powerfull (no idea of output but it only cost £20 new so not a lot)

has anyone got any idea why the leaves have gone yellow?? :S

i'm confused.

Colombian Sharks are brackish water fish that will live in fresh water for a while when young, but will need to move into brackish conditions to survive for any length of time. If you want to keep your shark, then the move to brackish will pretty much wipe out your plants, very few aquarium plants tolerate salt in the quantities necessary for brackish tanks.

Without further details, I suspect you do not have enough light for your plants. The hoods that come with "standard" tanks are just not geared up to planted tanks. Most planted tank enthusiasts build their own hoods.

Air pumps/stones are generally undesirable in planted tanks, they drive CO2 out of solution very quickly.

Thanks lateral line, i'll get a new upgraded light then and remove the airstone and see what happens.

Thanks for the info on sharky he's moving into a 400L Brakish soon. he's only 4 inches at present.

:)

Lateral Line said:
Without further details, I suspect you do not have enough light for your plants. The hoods that come with "standard" tanks are just not geared up to planted tanks. Most planted tank enthusiasts build their own hoods.

Air pumps/stones are generally undesirable in planted tanks, they drive CO2 out of solution very quickly.
:nod: agreed

Most reactions

Back