X-Ray Belly Tetra Turned All White...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mayu

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have 6 x-ray belly tetras, they're about 2.5, 3 years old. When I woke up this a.m. and turned on the tank light, one is a pure milky white color. I don't see any fungus, I don't see any nodules like ich or anything, I don't see evidence of worms or parasites... he just is a completely milky white color. He ate today, but he doesn't seem to swim around as feverishly as the others as he once use to.

Is it old age? Or some kind of illness?

I added some Maracyn Plus with biospheres to the tank. Unfortunately I don't have a sick tank.

Any thoughts?

This is my first time having x-rays so I wouldn't know if this is normal with age or what not.

(Other info: The tank is cleaned once every 2 weeks unless I'm out of town, the filter is changed monthly (grandfathered in with the old filter) the tank isn't over stocked, and I am careful to not over feed.)

Sounds like you have everything under control to be honest. Do you have some water test readings, and what friends are in the tank with them? Also, what size tank are you using?

Was it fairly dark in the room before you turned in the light? Has he coloured up a little more since?

it's a 30 gallon tank... there are 5 other x-rays with him, no his color hasn't returned yet, I left the light on all night to see if maybe it was too dark and the sudden change in light scared him.

Tested the water this afternoon, Everything seems good, pH is a little high, but not excessively so.

not sure what's wrong with him. Everyone else seems fine... he doesn't seem to be all that sick either. he's swimming normally today, and he's still eating. So not sure what's going on. Going to re-dose with Maracyn tomorrow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back