Would these work?

SHELL

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

We are currently in the process of setting up a 20 uk gallon nano reef it's a very slow process especially saving to but the equipment but we're getting there after a lot of research!

I was wondering what your opinions to the follow fish would be i know we can only have a few and a few shrimps crabs etc but i can handle that!!

the fish that i would like to start with would be a pair of clowns ,(maybe black and white but have more research to do on that species!) a mandarin fish (introduced after a few week of running to build up some pods for the little man to eat.) and may be a dwarf angel.

or maybe a blennie or gobie of some description if you could add any suggestions to this i would be very greatful, also if you could recommend some beginner soft corals that the clowns would be happy in.

Thanks very much!!

Shell

no mandarin could survive off the lr in a 20 gallon, you need atleast 80 gallons for that one, a dwarf angel would also be pushing it, add your two small clowns, then maybe one or two gobies and thats all, Personally I'd go with a shrimp goby of some sort and a fire fish, and a pistol shrimp so you can get symbiosis going on. remember, less is more.

HTH

Opcn

yep, totally agree with opcn!,
you can do clowns in that, just!, def no mandrins. Fire fish would go, but as opcn suggests, get a pistol shrimp and goby, they will give you lots of enjoyment watching them!
leon

Opcn said:
no mandarin could survive off the lr in a 20 gallon, you need atleast 80 gallons for that one, a dwarf angel would also be pushing it, add your two small clowns, then maybe one or two gobies and thats all, Personally I'd go with a shrimp goby of some sort and a fire fish, and a pistol shrimp so you can get symbiosis going on. remember, less is more.

HTH

Opcn
:thumbs: Good plan!

Hi Shell

I would say that the Manderin would really do badly in your tank
A Dwarf Agel on the other hand IMO & Experience are Ok in a 20g have a look at my sig

Del

:flex: :flex:

Most reactions

Back