Would A Pearl Gourami Eat Endlers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Birdie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, would it?? I mean adult ones. I have little doubt they would enjoy snacking on the fry, shoud there be any - but with adult Endlers being pretty tiny, would they at risk too?

Well, would it?? I mean adult ones. I have little doubt they would enjoy snacking on the fry, shoud there be any - but with adult Endlers being pretty tiny, would they at risk too?

Well, they ate my neon tetras! But I have to say that my pearl gouramis are pretty large (around 9 cm; sorry I am not familiar with the inch system! :unsure: ).

However, I was given the advice to add guppies to my tank, and as Endlers are pretty similar it might work out.

No, they wouldn't - and I'm surprised they ate those neons (are you certain they were to blame?) unless the neons were immature. Having said that - let's clarify that they must be fully grown endler's, young ones will get eaten - anything that'll fit in a pearl's mouth is at risk.

No, they wouldn't - and I'm surprised they ate those neons (are you certain they were to blame?) unless the neons were immature. Having said that - let's clarify that they must be fully grown endler's, young ones will get eaten - anything that'll fit in a pearl's mouth is at risk.

My tank had apart from the neons only 2 pearl gouramis and 3 dwarfs..... and most of the neons disappeared without a trace :sad:. I had bought 'jumbos' as they call them here; bigger, mature neons to avoid it, but it didn't work out. I am happy now with my school of serpae tetras though. It is working out fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back