Would A Gold Gourami Work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a male gold gourami to go in my 55gal tank. It has a medium/strong current in it, would this be a problem?

Fish wise there are 3 boeseami rainbowfish at 3-4" each and then some rummy-nosed tetras, I was also thinking of adding a german blue ram. I've read they can be aggressive, do you think they would bother any of the other fish?

Thanks,
mikaila31

I was thinking of getting a male gold gourami to go in my 55gal tank. It has a medium/strong current in it, would this be a problem?

Fish wise there are 3 boeseami rainbowfish at 3-4" each and then some rummy-nosed tetras, I was also thinking of adding a german blue ram. I've read they can be aggressive, do you think they would bother any of the other fish?

Thanks,
mikaila31

Hey Mik,

Gold Gouramis are probably not as peaceful as other gouramis. As the get bigger they can hassle smaller fish and be a bit territorial. In saying that though I haven't had those problems in my tank so don't be put off. They are definitely worth a try.

Just make sure that it has got access to the surface as they posses a labyrinth which allows it to absorb atmospheric oxygen directly into the bloodstream.

Chip

The Gold Gourami can sometimes be aggressive to smaller fish, and do not keep more than one male in a tank as there will likely end up fighting

Do they get aggressive towards larger fish at all?

Not sure if I'm going to get one, depends on what the store has when I go up. Last time they had some really nice ones!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back