Woo! Getting A Jewel Rekord 70! Stocking Advice?

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire, UK
Hi! I'm getting a Jewel Rekord 70 hopefully. I want it to be planted with real plants too. The tank works out at 15.3 gallons. I made a list of my desired stocking list, am i seriously overstocking and will they all get along in a planted tank?

The list :
6 rasboras
4 cories
2 dwarf gouramis
8 neon tetras
Some type of catfish???

What y'all think?
 
I have two Juwel Rekord tanks and I love them! So simple and neat :D

I have dwarf puffers in the smaller one and 2 F8 puffers in the metre long one :flowers:
 
I don't see any real issues with that stocking so long as you cycle the tank etc.

The one thing I'd change though is I'm not a fan of danio's in 2 foot tanks as although they are a small fish, they swim about a lot and they swim fast. Their behaviour could bother the tetras.

Arfie
 
Generally a nice selection, I would suggest a bigger group of cory's though, they are a schoaling fish and are certainly happier in larger groups. I originally had three cory's, one died, then the other two have been breeding since and I now have a healthy group of 8 cory's in my community tank.
 
Hi! I'm getting a Jewel Rekord 70 hopefully. I want it to be planted with real plants too. The tank works out at 15.3 gallons. I made a list of my desired stocking list, am i seriously overstocking and will they all get along in a planted tank?

The list :

1 upside down catfish
3 cories
2 dwarf gouramis
6 neon tetras
5 golden zebra danios

What y'all think?

Id change the stocking to

1 Upside down Catfish
4 Corries
3 Gouramis (1 MAle 2 Female)
10 Neon Tetras
 
Hi! I'm getting a Jewel Rekord 70 hopefully. I want it to be planted with real plants too. The tank works out at 15.3 gallons. I made a list of my desired stocking list, am i seriously overstocking and will they all get along in a planted tank?

The list :

1 upside down catfish
3 cories
2 dwarf gouramis
6 neon tetras
5 golden zebra danios

What y'all think?

Id change the stocking to

1 Upside down Catfish
4 Corries
3 Gouramis (1 MAle 2 Female)
10 Neon Tetras

Looks like weve all got our own views :) Personly I wouldnt put 3 dwarf's in a 70l tank, the male would hassle the females constantly, id go with:

1 Male DG
6 Cories
10 Cardinal tetra.
A few shrimp.
 
erm ok guys thanks for replies

would it be ok to have 2 female dwarf gouramis? or is that a problem waiting to happen? i imagined the whole tank in my head with all the inhabitants, and plants, and i think the list i made was going to be quite well balanced, but i appreciate all of your views. keep em coming!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top