Will a pair of angels be compatible?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tanked

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I want to get 2 medium angels, actually already paid for but I am having the lsf hold on to them for a few more weeks being I just rid my tank of ICH (tomorrow will be the last treatment.) I currently have

1 albino shark
1 pleco
2 mixed fruit tetras (strawbery and blueberry)
6 pristella tetras
3 swordtails
2 red platys
2 neon tetras was 8 (damn catfish)
3 cherry barbs was 6 (damn catfish)

Sorry but nope :no: :no: ...their fins will be shreded the first day...it will be a toss up whether the fruit tetras or the cherry barbs chew on them first...but IMO they will all be ripping into them :crazy: ...If the Angels do go in you will probably lose your remaining neons :sad:

I would say the Barbs may pose a problem. Which Catfish caused the other downfall of fish?

Graeme.

Graeme,

it was blue channel cat. I was uneducated. I'm not to worried about the cherry barbs. they are only about 1/2" long right now and are more interested in riding my bubble wall than anything else. little babies the angels are about 2 inches currently. I will give the neons to a freind then. he sort of collects them. the fruit tetras are very mellow, they just float around and look pretty (very non aggressive). the pleco is gone soon too. getting to big, a freind with a 250 gallon wants him so he has a goos home. I was going to replace him with 2 or 3 cory's, add the angels and 3 dalmation mollies and that will pretty much be it. maybe 1 red tail black shark and make sure I give more hiding places so the albino and black don't have to fight for territory.

What about water values? pH, GH? There seems to be both fishes: hard/basic water fishes and soft/acidic water fishes. Angels are too soft/acidic water fishes.

Anyway.. What are "mixed fruit tetras (strawbery and blueberry)"? Although name are nice, is still better to use correct name than give new names.

MrV,

I don't know the proper name. every lsf in my area has them listed as mixed fruit or based on color (strawberry, blueberry) etc.

Fruit tetras are artificially coloured fish so they wont have a proper name,Mr V you surprise me i thought you would have known that.

cat fish crazy said:
Fruit tetras are artificially coloured fish so they wont have a proper name
arrrgh, more mistakes from my first week. oh well, no more of them either. I feel really bad having purchased tampered with fish. I am doing my research now though.

I though so :angry: but wasn't sure about it... So stupid idea to colour fishes :angry: :angry: :angry: However, they are "some" tetras, but what? (nowadays they seems to inject colours into many fishes, not only using ordinary "glass-fishes")

Yeah! Doing a search on your Computer will give you some info! But Personal findings are know best.

Graeme.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back