Wildwoods Shut Down

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nauplii

Fish Herder
Reaction score
On the 5th December 2007, Wildwoods Water Gardens Centre (Crews Hill) has been put into 'administrative recievership'.
It came to a shock to staff that when at the end of that day, it was announced that they had all lost their jobs.
There is currently a skeleton crew working there, just to keep the fish alive and well and i think to sell remaining stock (as is stated on their website) www.wildwoods.co.uk

We all hope that Wildwoods will remain as it was, and stay an awesome fish shop, but nothing is certain.

Just thought i'd share my news :(

Vixen xx

Im pretty Sure that others have already posted something like this, but im not from england, so i have never heard of them.

yep has been posted twice.

did/do you still work there?
if so what does the 30% discount apply to?

chris

I was at Wildwoods today, the guy serving me said half the staff had been made redundant. The good news is that there has been a lot of interest in people wanting buy the company and keep it running. The guy said he would bet £1000 on it staying open. :good:
Ive been going there since I was a kid, so I wish Wildwoods good luck.

I was at Wildwoods today, the guy serving me said half the staff had been made redundant. The good news is that there has been a lot of interest in people wanting buy the company and keep it running. The guy said he would bet £1000 on it staying open. :good:

Do you know if there are any bargains to be had on wet/dry stock?
Or is it all still priced as it was before going into Administration?

PS: I wish Wildwoods all the best too - I used to live in Enfield and it's all thanks to my Dad taking me there as a kid (25-30 years ago) that got me into this addictive hobby!!!

Do you know if there are any bargains to be had on wet/dry stock?
Or is it all still priced as it was before going into Administration?

PS: I wish Wildwoods all the best too - I used to live in Enfield and it's all thanks to my Dad taking me there as a kid (25-30 years ago) that got me into this addictive hobby!!!

im not sure.

i went there sunday and didnt get any discount on co2 tube, heater, or fish food.

on there website it state there is 30% on certain things. however the didnt advertise it.

chris

Yeah someone at work tole me about this this weekend and i was like ####! Pity, one of the best shops round me! Hope it stays open! YEah, that would be cool if someone knew if there was discounts on fish and dry goods :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back