Why??

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JoKeR

Pocket Full Of Fish
Reaction score
Ok each time I buy a veiltail Hes tail was so beatiful very open and when he swam he look beatiful. But now a week later hes tail is crunched up kind of pointy. Why does that happend. He lives in a 1 gallon tank.

So his fins are crimped?

He may be getting something you can't see yet,or he just isn't happy. To keep my bettas perky,whenever I clean tanks I rearrange them so they have someone new to flare at and never get bored. Seems to work nicely. :nod:

However to be on the safe side,I'd give his bowl a good scrub,maybe treat him to some almond leaf water or some salt,keep an eye on him in case you have to medicate and try moving his bowl somewhere next to a different betta and see if he perks up. :)

Im going to change his water right now and Im probably going to put my Ct with him for a while ( But he has 2 females sorounding him )

Im going to put a little castle in there an=d some more real plants.

Okay I just finish making a 100% water change. On both My crowntail and my Veiltail. Looks like my crowntail Liked it cause hes swimming around very nicely.
But My veiltail is still sad :( Or bored I dont know what to do know.

If your veiltail is eating, then he's just bored. If not, then it may be an early sign of sickness. I suggest a little BettaMax for a few days.

Im going to try the melafix. But i would like to add that all my veiltails do that. Except my crowntail.

55gallondude said:
Im going to try the melafix.
I wouldn't suggest that. Melafix is too strong for just 'sulking' bettas. BettaMax is more mild and acts as a general tonic for clamped fins and vitamin deficiency.

Itty Bitty Betta said:
55gallondude said:
Im going to try the melafix.
I wouldn't suggest that. Melafix is too strong for just 'sulking' bettas. BettaMax is more mild and acts as a general tonic for clamped fins and vitamin deficiency.
thats good advise itty ;)

Most reactions

Back