Why?

blitztidus

Spirited Away
Reaction score
My lps keeps on purchasing more and more clown knives, I myself felt sorry for one last year and they still keep getting them. People don't know what they are getting into with them and I like to :lol: . He/She is about 9 inches now and hasn't grown much since the begining of fall. Same diet, maybe a little bit more (Feeder guppies, 3 dozen every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks all under 1 inch or so) I wish he would just grow a little to let me know he is well fed. My tank could fit him. He is not big enough for feeder goldfish but likes to kill (not eat but bite) the other livebearers that I had to put in there. (At least I have one left) :fish: . He also, strangely, when I feed my cories the shrimp pellets, eats those RIGHT OUT OF MY HAND. He seems like a pig but still will not grow. Does anyone know why?

That sounds like a really weird fish. Maybe he wasnt brought up on live food which is why he eats those pellets. It's really weird for that fish to not be eating your platies because even if they never ate fish before, their instinct would tell them too. I would suggest getting more frozen foods, like shrimp, krill, blood worms, whitebait, maybe even some other fillets of fish like white bait. Cut them up and feed it to him he should get bigger. Your fish should be growing faster then it is now.

He loves the blood worms, I have fed them to him before and I would like to try shrimp soon. I know that at my lps, all they feed them is feeder guppies, so, maybe he is just a pig? :/ :D

Most reactions

Back