Why Are Tropical Fish So Addictive ?

kris1978

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Points
0
why are tropical fish so addictive, you go out you buy a tank and some fish, but your never happy, we always want more fish or a bigger tank, there is always something we all want :lol: :lol: :lol:
we have a 3ft tank, that wasnt big enough so we bought a 150g 5ft tank now were running out of room :grr:
we must all be crazy
but we love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope to hear some views on this lol

kris
 
Seconded. I've spent 4 months getting my 65L tank close to the way I want it, all the while checking the buy and sell part of the forum 10 times a day in case I can pick up a bargain (nearly did the other day but someone beat me to it) and all the while fantasising about a) a 4-5 foot tank cichlid tank and b) one day owning a tank big enough that I can have half a dozen silver sharks.

All the while being totally, totally broke :(

I can dream though
 
It is just the way it is, i started with a 35 litre tank, now I have 12 tanks and another one on the way ranging from 5' down to 2', and i still feel the need for more :rolleyes:
 
It is just the way it is, i started with a 35 litre tank, now I have 12 tanks and another one on the way ranging from 5' down to 2', and i still feel the need for more :rolleyes:

wow thats alot of tanks lol, can never have enough tanks :hyper: :hyper:
 
I don't know... but they definitely are addictive! I can't stop thinking about my lil fishies all day when I'm at work!! Can't wait to get home of an evening to check up on them all and see how they are all doing, especially when they are spawning.

Yes, and we always want more, don't we? I think it's because there is such a vast variety of fish to keep and you can only keep so many in one tank and never enough to have all the species we'd like - so the only option is to keep getting more tanks until we (a) run out of room and/or (b) run out of money!! With me it's both. Well, I do have room for a 2ft tank underneath the 3ft BUT I am not so sure the joists can take any more weight in that corner of the room. And I don't have anywhere else to put another tank (no point having any in the bedroom as they'd never get seen).

I believe watching the fish in an aquarium is very therapeutic. Very relaxing and has a calming effect. Maybe that's why they have them in a lot of GP surgeries.

Athena
 
money is the big part in fish keeping, but we all seem to manage to get what we want :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
 
I wish I could agree with the above, the other love of my life (my car) has destroyed any disposable income I have.

Still, if I do see that bargain tank - thats what credit cards are for.
 
Since getting my first tank in february, fish have taken over my life :P When I am not watching them, feeding them, cleaning their tanks or talking about them, I am on this forum reading about them, or on Ebay buying foods and the like for them! :P
 
I know the feeling. A few months ago I had the itch to get back into fish keeping again, so I went to the LFS with the intention of buying a simple 10-15 gallon tank. Ended up coming home with a 25 gallon tank. I was content with just that for awhile, then about a month and a half ago I was just surfing around on kijiji and came upon another 25 gallon tank for sale, with all the accessories, for $100. So purely on impulse I bought that. I havn't even got that tank fully stocked yet, and i'm already contemplating the next tank i'm gonna get. Thinking about 55+ gallons for the next one, but I just don't have the money right now...But some day...
 
Since getting my first tank in february, fish have taken over my life :P When I am not watching them, feeding them, cleaning their tanks or talking about them, I am on this forum reading about them, or on Ebay buying foods and the like for them! :P

that is me to a tee... i literally sit and map out what i want to get. Since im low on funds when i want to feed the addiction i go around to the different stores to compare prices just so i have an idea of where the place to get what is (fish excluded) i think i mapped out my 55 gallon for a month looking a kits, reading about filters, and heaters, etc before saving enough to start another month long project of putting together the stand, carrying in the tank, adding everything, setting up the filters, cycling, changing my mind on decor before i finally was content. no im looking at bigger and comming up with ideas but waiting till i move to even thing about it. and to think this all started with a 10 gallon tank on a whim.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top